RR/Tate 3 is a farce and the harsh truth about Ronda

Oh look another thread with sherdoggers admitting they are a bitter virgin

If the UFC is gonna put on RR/Tate again, sadly, there's nothing we can do. But the fact that they're thinking about letting this fight ride in on the coattails of Aldo/McGregor is a farce and a weasel move by Dana White and the UFC. I'm not saying that Rousey isnt a draw, she is, but that's because she's had different opponents her past 3-4 fights. But Dana and the brass know full well that a 3rd fight with Tate is laughable at this point. If this fight was worth anything, dont you think the UFC would've let it be the main event of its own card? Of course not because no one wants to see it. That's why the stuck it next to fight people actually wanna see. RR/Tate wouldnt bring in anymore PPV buys to the card if it had another co-main event. But Dana had to try to give Ronda a big payday for a fight that is basically a pointless filler fight.

Now, the real truth about Ronda is this: she wants no part of Cyborg. You can argue the weight thing, steriods bust, or "coming to the champ" till you're blue in the face but let's look at it realistically instead of a bunch of blind followers.

When Ronda was fighting @ 145, SHE called out Cyborg. So then, outta nowhere, she immediately announces after her fight with Julia Budd, that she's going down to fight Tate. This was 2 months before Cyborg was caught for PEDs. But yet this is the excuse she stills uses today. Cyborg has not tested positive for anything since so whats the issue now? Oh yeah, the weight and "coming to the champ" excuse. Why cant she fight her @ 145? ASilva fought a former champ 20 lbs above his weight class and that didnt stop him of the UFC from putting the fight on. Wasnt that fight supposed to be "punishment" for the Silva/Maia fiasco? Now back to Ronda. This fight shouldnt be about a title, it should be about who the best female fighter in the world is. She was willing to fight Carano, who herself has had trouble making 145, but not Cyborg. That sounds like ducking to me. Id she loses to to Cyborg at 145, she can always come back and dominate a weight class that's clearly 3 steps behind her all she wants. But lets not lie to ourselves, the UFC/Dana White and Ronda Rousey want no part of Cyborg.

This is too straight forward and simple...Most people can not understand common sense

If the UFC is gonna put on RR/Tate again, sadly, there's nothing we can do. But the fact that they're thinking about letting this fight ride in on the coattails of Aldo/McGregor is a farce and a weasel move by Dana White and the UFC. I'm not saying that Rousey isnt a draw, she is, but that's because she's had different opponents her past 3-4 fights. But Dana and the brass know full well that a 3rd fight with Tate is laughable at this point. If this fight was worth anything, dont you think the UFC would've let it be the main event of its own card? Of course not because no one wants to see it. That's why the stuck it next to fight people actually wanna see. RR/Tate wouldnt bring in anymore PPV buys to the card if it had another co-main event. But Dana had to try to give Ronda a big payday for a fight that is basically a pointless filler fight.

Now, the real truth about Ronda is this: she wants no part of Cyborg. You can argue the weight thing, steriods bust, or "coming to the champ" till you're blue in the face but let's look at it realistically instead of a bunch of blind followers.

When Ronda was fighting @ 145, SHE called out Cyborg. So then, outta nowhere, she immediately announces after her fight with Julia Budd, that she's going down to fight Tate. This was 2 months before Cyborg was caught for PEDs. But yet this is the excuse she stills uses today. Cyborg has not tested positive for anything since so whats the issue now? Oh yeah, the weight and "coming to the champ" excuse. Why cant she fight her @ 145? ASilva fought a former champ 20 lbs above his weight class and that didnt stop him of the UFC from putting the fight on. Wasnt that fight supposed to be "punishment" for the Silva/Maia fiasco? Now back to Ronda. This fight shouldnt be about a title, it should be about who the best female fighter in the world is. She was willing to fight Carano, who herself has had trouble making 145, but not Cyborg. That sounds like ducking to me. Id she loses to to Cyborg at 145, she can always come back and dominate a weight class that's clearly 3 steps behind her all she wants. But lets not lie to ourselves, the UFC/Dana White and Ronda Rousey want no part of Cyborg.

Cry some more.

Tate is currently the only viable option. I doubt the UFC was dying to make Tate-Rousey 3, but Tate has made the issue complicated by winning her matches and dispatching the other potential challengers.

As for Cyborg, I have ZERO sympathy given that she's already SIGNED a contract to fight at 135 and hasn't even attempted to make that weight.

I would have Far more sympathy for a catch weight fight if Cyborg made a reasonable attempt to make 135 and failed to make weight. Heck, even if she made 135 and looked terrible against some jobber I would have some sympathy.

That Cyborg hasn't even had a single fight at a weight under 145 and is still whining about a catch weight makes her look far worse than the UFC or Rousey.

Signing a contract and committing to make a weight class, then not even attempting to make that weight while cashing the checks from the UFC is scumbag behavior.

If I'm a promoter and I'm paying you $50K per fight just so that you can make the transition to a weight class more easily, I expect you to make every good faith effort to make that weight.

It's been well over a year and Cyborg hasn't even fought at 140 let alone tried to fight at 135.

Until Cyborg shows that she's genuinely interested in living up to her contract obligations then she's just an internet troll that's looking for attention.

I wouldn't be surprised if the UFC cancelled her contract for non-performance if Cyborg doesn't start stepping up to the plate soon. Heck, if I was the UFC and I didn't see some results soon I would consider suing her in court and demanding that she return the monies paid to her.

Cyborg needs to put up or shut up.

It is funny how Ronda was chomping at the bit to fight someone who can barely make 145 (Carano) but when it comes to Cyborg, it's all of a sudden "not fair" to fight at 145.

The white knights will never admit it but Ronda IS scared of fighting Cyborg at 145.

It is funny how Ronda was chomping at the bit to fight someone who can barely make 145 (Carano) but when it comes to Cyborg, it's all of a sudden "not fair" to fight at 145.

Did Gina Carano piss hot for roids like Cybro has?

Roid cheaters deserve no concessions

BTW, if Carano and Rousey were to fight, it was announced that it would be at 135 for the title . . .

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-c...cember-if-carano-inks-ufc-deal-181348421.html

So Carano was getting no catchweight either.

im sure almost nobody thinks Tate would actually beat Ronda but he the truth is she has rightfully earned her title shot so you really can't deny her

Tate is like the Benavidez,Faber of her division they can beat practically anyone in the division but no matter how much chances are given they simply CANNOT overcome the champion in Tate's case its mainly because of her style which is the worst possible matchup for Ronda

as for the Cyborg hype train im really done caring about this fight at this point im convinced if it does happen Ronda would stomp Cyborg into the ground and it won't even be close

Well that time has come, hasnt it? They're both champs

No that time has passed because after R3 took the initiative to claim the 135 title and make the Cyborg fight as big as possible Cyborg proceeded to test positive blowing up the fight along with the SF featherweight division.

Now only hardcore fans know of Cyborg and R3 is a superstar that has captured the hearts and imagination of the world.

Tate 3 is a disgrace. but I guess there's no one else.

I don't know where it would leave Ronda, but I'd rather see a Tate vs Zingano rematch.

The reason women don't have a 125 weight class is so Ronda can keep fighting undersized opponents. People whined when Carano got this treatment. Hypocrites.
Who's undersized?
Zingano who outweighed rousey on fight night?
Or tate who grappled at 155?

Forget Cyborg vs Ronda. It's never going to happen. Everyone knows she's the biggest draw and Cyborg has to make that weight. Ronda's not going to meet her at the weight she wants. Not going to happen and also there's no 145 women's division in UFC. But a fight with Tate is good. She deserves the fight although she has been destroyed by Ronda twice. The first fight, tate rushed her and got wreckless, the second fight she made a dumb mistake by trying to take her down and getting judo'd. I think tate is the closest thing to figuring how to fight Ronda and beating her. But she probably won't still. I think they both will sell the fight well and get the numbers for the UFC.

I hope Meisha can land a few shots on Ronda the same way she dropped Jessica Eye.

miesha-tate-jessica-eye-ufc-on-fox-16-1.jpg

tate-eye-kd-1.gif

To be honest, I'd rather see Ronda vs Holm or Pena, even though the result would still be the same, at least it gives other contenders the opportunity to challenge for the belt.

Tate losing to Ronda thrice is just a waste of time.

imo both Holm & Pena need a couple more fights before facing Ronda, and it's a bit unfair to hate on Ronda because her competition is shit. Meisha is clearly the 2nd best fighter in the division but the matchup does rub me the wrong way. Calling Ronda the best fighter in the world is ridiculous but she has destroyed everyone put in front of her.

Legit criticisms about Cyborgs roid abuse but if Ronda were to fight her, it would probably have to be at a catchweight of 140. I'm not convinced she could safely make 135.

Anyone who thinks a 3rd fight with Tate is "laughable" is an idiot.

Tate gave us Ronda's closest fight by a WIDE MILE. And since then she has won 4 straight, including beating Cartouche, Eye and McMann

I am absolutely baffled how anyone can think Tate gave us the closest fight with Rowdy. Tate NEVER threatened her. Carmouche had Rowdy in more danger than anyone EVER.

Tate landed a few clean strikes. Its a fight, that happens. She got a takedown and ended up getting busted up in Rowdys triangle. There was one good up kick, which Rowdy just ate. She had an impressive escape that looked like she was going for the triangle but then was immediately defending her arm. That is it.

Back