RR getting gifed has gother to be the worst exit in mma history.

Imalive

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Her last 2 fights she absolutely got destroyed, face kicked KOed then 45 second Gifed. Has a fighter at the top ever fallen harder at the end of their career?

When a champion has this kind of fall, it's usually do to age or injury. Road's situation is different. She was dominating an undeveloped division. As should have been expected, the division developed and caught up to her. What's surprising is how quickly it happened.

Ironically, her success was the catalyst for the division's development.

Chuck went out on a 1-5 run with 4 losses by KO, and he did Dancing with the Stars.

"The biggest life lesson you can ever have is to NOT LIE--to yourself, or to others."--Black Paladin 1:1

Everything else falls into place after that.

When a champion has this kind of fall, it's usually do to age or injury. Road's situation is different. She was dominating an undeveloped division. As should have been expected, the division developed and caught up to her. What's surprising is how quickly it happened.

I was saying this for a long time, as were others.

Ronda was the Royce of her division. Great for her time, but fairly one dimensional.

The really sad thing about Ronda is that she could still be on top if she'd gone to a great gym years ago and learned how to actually strike, instead of staying with Count Fuckula and learning how to hit pads really well.

guys guys guys what we just witnessed was our modern version of royce/hughes we just saw a change of a generation rejoice

It happened that fast because there were no more soccer moms left to fight

Royce Gracie was far smarter... he knew when his style was about to become ineffective and quit beforehand.

Royce Gracie was far smarter... he knew when his style was about to become ineffective and quit beforehand.
You think she should have noticed the Holm fight was a bad matchup and just retired? In hindsight, that would have been the best thing for her image. She could have walked away undefeated and gone on the rest of her life believing her own hype. She talked about retiring young, like around 28, but her ego wouldn't let her walk away. In retrospect, walking away at 28 would have been perfect. Then on to movies or TV or whatever. Bummer for her, but good for everyone else.

Well, this says it all. It developed. You are seeing the same happen elsewhere. Someone will destroy Amanda too sooner or later. I think RR bought into her own hype. She actually believed she could beat Mayweather lol

You think she should have noticed the Holm fight was a bad matchup and just retired? In hindsight, that would have been the best thing for her image. She could have walked away undefeated and gone on the rest of her life believing her own hype. She talked about retiring young, like around 28, but her ego wouldn't let her walk away. In retrospect, walking away at 28 would have been perfect. Then on to movies or TV or whatever. Bummer for her, but good for everyone else.

I think she should have noticed a long time ago that Edmund is a fucking terrible coach. If she'd spent the last 5 years in a top camp, she would still probably be on top. Instead she got a "yes man" coach that played up to her arrogance and told her what she wanted to hear.

Now she's more of a bad joke than a legend. You're right though, she should have retired already and moved on.... she would still have a career. Now she's pretty much completely irrelevant.

I was saying this for a long time, as were others.

Ronda was the Royce of her division. Great for her time, but fairly one dimensional.

The really sad thing about Ronda is that she could still be on top if she'd gone to a great gym years ago and learned how to actually strike, instead of staying with Count Fuckula and learning how to hit pads really well.
I see the comparison, but there are major differences. Ronda actually is a gifted athlete, whereas Royce obviously isn't. And Ronda's technique and accomplishments in Judo is far superior to anything Royce's BJJ. However, your point about Ronda's training is on point. She had the potential to evolve and become the champion she professed herself to be, but her decision to train with a charlatan essentially doomed her to Royce-status.

IDK but it is hilarious. Hope she comes back and loses again.

I see the comparison, but there are major differences. Ronda actually is a gifted athlete, whereas Royce obviously isn't. And Ronda's technique and accomplishments in Judo is far superior to anything Royce's BJJ. However, your point about Ronda's training is on point. She had the potential to evolve and become the champion she professed herself to be, but her decision to train with a charlatan essentially doomed her to Royce-status.

Yeah, I meant she and Royce are comparable in terms of what they did for the sport.

Basically, it was "Holy fuck! Look at that unassuming dude/chick just mangling people on the mats! They're unstoppable!"... Until suddenly they weren't.

The game caught up to them. Royce couldn't have done anything to avoid that, really. But Ronda could've. I can't even imagine the beast she could've been had she gone to a real camp. JacksonWink/Kings MMA/AKA/ATT Ronda would've been quite something.

Despite all she's done, she's almost unbelievably a case of wasted potential. She's much like another MMA great in that regard, BJ Penn.

wtf_is_this-12872.jpg

Back