Rumored Rozenstruik could upset Ngannou?

Let's be honest here. The only reason Rozenstruik is fighting Ngannou is because there's no one out there to fight Ngannou. DC doesn't want that if he can go straight to a title rematch, Stipe has earned to do whatever he want's and there just isn't anyone left. The only chance Rozenstruik has is if Ngannou does a Derrick Lewis remake.

Let's be honest here. The only reason Rozenstruik is fighting Ngannou is because there's no one out there to fight Ngannou. DC doesn't want that if he can go straight to a title rematch, Stipe has earned to do whatever he want's and there just isn't anyone left. The only chance Rozenstruik has is if Ngannou does a Derrick Lewis remake.

Volkov called out Ngannou after he beat Greg Hardy.

This is heavyweight after all.

On a technique basis, I think Jair has the better fundamentals. He throws crisp jabs, has really clean Dutch style kickboxing.

Ngannou tends to beat everyone on pure power and physicality. His technique is a bit funky and throws from weird angles but he gets the job done and finds your chin one way or the other. He’s also got submission advantage in his bag though.

They both have pretty solid chins. A lot of Ngannou’s opponents feared his power and got their blocks knocked off. Stipe was not afraid of Francis and beat him. I don’t think Jair fears his power either.

I would not be surprised to see Jair come out with the upset..

I think Francis is much better striker. Jair is okay, but he's got power. I think he could time Francis, and who knows.

Would be a fairly big upset in my book.

Absolutely I like jairzinho’s chances

I think his best bet is to lean on francis a bit to start and then out point or potentially finish him late. He went five with alistair relatively easily and exploded his mouth in the last minute literally so.... use your technique and cardio advantages. He can certainly win

It's possible but I didn't appreciate him showing his butt crack the whole fight against Overeem. Hope he gets sparked out in under a minute.
Seeing the lip made me forget about that.... I remember the fight and nice leg kick counters against overeems kicks but I completely forgot his ass was half way out til now

Ngannou has better boxing than Rozen, plus longer reach and faster. I'd also give Ngannou the durability advantage. I legitimately can't even imagine what Ngannou getting KO'd would look like. He took clean shots from Stipe and looked completely unfazed. I'd go with Ngannou KO round 1. Rozen likely survives longer than Blaydes and Santos, but doesn't see the 2nd round.

This fight is the perfect test to see if Ngannou has legit striking. He makes great reads but out of the 4 good strikers he faced Overeem and JDS were scared, Arlovski is very hittable and Miocic was able to dictate his range

Rozenstruik hits nice angles and has a lazy looking but absolutely beautiful check left hook. If he slips shots with his footwork like he's shown he's capable of against everybody (Overeem hit lots but Overeem has unreal IQ and couldn't put him in danger)
If he doesn't get starched early I can see this looking like Hunt vs JDS a competitive back and forth fight with a higher skilled striker vs an offensive minded monster with unreal power

Volkov called out Ngannou after he beat Greg Hardy.
svvbg.jpg

Both guys have KO power, but Francis' 5 inch reach advantage may become a factor.

Jairs favorite punch is the lead hook and Ngannous is a long rear uppercut.

On paper that makes Jair the perfect candidate to KO Ngannou?

Last edited:
Quick hands? KO Power?

Um duh he has a good chance.

BUT Ngannou has also shown to have a good chin so we'll see.

“Will the knicks win the championship this year? Say what say what, anything could happen” -Wyclef Jean-

Rozenstruik by 1st round KO.

In my mind it won’t be an upset, Francis is great and all but he doesn’t have the striking skins or skills that Jair has accumulated over his vast kickboxing career.

He’s the superior striker imo and will win those exchanges more often than not. But Francis can sleep anyone with that power so I wouldn’t be surprised if he got a KO but im picking Roz to win, all about the matchups

we learned 3 things from the overeem fight which make this extremely interesting

1. roz is very hittable
2. roz has an insane chin on him
3. roz has great cardio

not sure what breaks here but it will dictate the fight

rozes chin or ngannous cardio

In my mind it won’t be an upset, Francis is great and all but he doesn’t have the striking skins or skills that Jair has accumulated over his vast kickboxing career.

He’s the superior striker imo and will win those exchanges more often than not. But Francis can sleep anyone with that power so I wouldn’t be surprised if he got a KO but im picking Roz to win, all about the matchups

why do you think that ? roz was being outstruck by overeem until he caught him at the very end

sure he has the better resume on paper but francis completely destroyed overeem in the same type of fight

Back