Royler as instructor.

I went to a seminar of his last year it was on Easter so there were only about 20 people, he was very detail oriented, we did takedown drills, headlock escapes, a couple of sweeps from closed guard and x-guard. He worked with one on one with everyone, it was a great experience.

I did a seminar with Royler last year as well, and it was my very first foray into BJJ. Literally, I hadn't even heard of BJJ until my (karate/BJJ) dojo announced his seminar. I looked him up, watched a couple of videos and thought, what the hell, I'll sign up.

So I did the seminar, and it was amazing. It was a very basic seminar, being that there were pretty much only white belts in attendance. We did a couple of takedowns, learned how to escape/counter the guillotine from standing, and basic ground stuff (upa, gi chokes, armbar etc)

He was SO NICE. I haven't met a nicer person, really. He explained things so well, was very patient, explained the techniques and how they worked, what to do, what not to do. He was very funny too!

I'm still new at BJJ, in that I was unable to sign up for my dojo's program at the time, but I swear, I fell in love that night XD I just fell in love with BJJ. All thanks to Royler Gracie! I still don't know shit, but he showed us enough to give me an idea of what BJJ is about, and enough to convince me that I want to train.

Back