royce gracie says kyra beats ronda

She will probably give her a terrible time on the ground, but seeing as how the Gracies seem to be unable to adapt to modern MMA, I remain skeptical. Kyra is HOT though.

Since Ronda doesn't do much by way of striking then it's fair to say that a Kyra vs. Ronda match becomes a no-gi grappling exhibition.

Either could win.

Pretty much what I was gonna say. Though they are years apart and different genders, Honda is very similar to Royce in that she can't do much else other than grapple. She's a VERY good, "one trick pony".

Please.. I'll save everyone the bother of "she has an underrated stand up game".. it's about as underrated as Melvin Guillard's BJJ or Royce's Muay Thai

She murders on the mat. And has the skills to get there. But she ain't beating a Gracie there. IMO. I think there's a lot of sense in what Royce says.

Honda would ippon her arse all night.

Seems like Royce has completely lost it. Especially when he was talking trash about his family saying "they only need to know BJJ, not wrasslin or striking, just look at how well I did!!!". Well, Royce, your accomplishments are legendary but you got owned badly by Hughes because you 1) were probably weaker than a small LW and 2) you should have learned something else besides BJJ.

The gracies just kept humiliating themselves since UFC 1 lol

She murders on the mat. And has the skills to get there. But she ain't beating a Gracie there. IMO. I think there's a lot of sense in what Royce says.

Pure grappling =/= MMA grappling.

Ronda has adapted her game to MMA, no one knows how Kyra's grappling will hold up in MMA, where you are allowed to punch your opponent on the ground. And if Yoshida and Hughes can catch Royce in a kimura, Ronda can catch Kyra too, who is smaller than Ronda.

"Take a BJJ blackbelt and punch him in the face he turns into a brown belt.Punch him again and he becomes a purple belt and again he becomes a blue belt and again he becomes a white belt" -Carlson Gracie

73255d1313877517-beautiful-sportswoman-post-picture-kyra-gracie.jpg

she and her sisters damn, they are hot Brazilian babes.

lmfao

Royce is crazy. I didn't realize that Kyra hasn't had her mma debut yet. I respect Bjj skills and the legacy of the Gracies. However, how is someone going to walk on to a new sport and submit the champ?

And my mom says i'm special and could achieve anything I set my mind to!

You don't know much about grappling if you think Ronda would win a grappling match against Kyra.

BJJ, judo, wrestling (folk, freestyle and greco-roman), ADCC, submission grappling, catch, sambo, shiao jiao, and probably a hundred local variants of wrestling, are all types of grappling.

You can confirm this by just looking up the word "grappling" in the dictionary. Or take a look at the "Grappling" subforum in Sherdog, and note that it includes all the above.

Under some of those rule sets Kyra wins, under other rule sets Rousey wins. The most open rule set for grappling is MMA, and I'd pick Rousey for that just because she's bigger and stronger. If you have no rules, then both are smart enough to use weapons, no idea which of the two is better with a knife or gun.

So actually the guy you quoted might know a thing or two about grappling if he thinks Rousey wins in say judo, sambo, and most wrestling styles of grappling against Kyra.

BJJ, judo, wrestling (folk, freestyle and greco-roman), ADCC, submission grappling, catch, sambo, shiao jiao, and probably a hundred local variants of wrestling, are all types of grappling.

You can confirm this by just looking up the word "grappling" in the dictionary. Or take a look at the "Grappling" subforum in Sherdog, and note that it includes all the above.

Under some of those rule sets Kyra wins, under other rule sets Rousey wins. The most open rule set for grappling is MMA, and I'd pick Rousey for that just because she's bigger and stronger. If you have no rules, then both are smart enough to use weapons, no idea which of the two is better with a knife or gun.

So actually the guy you quoted might know a thing or two about grappling if he thinks Rousey wins in say judo, sambo, and most wrestling styles of grappling against Kyra.

No use talking sense to people who think the Gracies invented grappling. A good wrestler or a judoka is more than capable of holding his own against a BJJ blackbelt.

Back