"Royce Gracie believes Kyra Gracie could beat Ronda Rousey."

Somebody please explain to me the blue belt joke?

47b4d938b3127cceb22bf4c2047e00.jpg

I'm not sure if Rousey could beat Kyra. I'd like to see Rousey facing an elite grappler, it would be an interesting match-up. Also I'd like to see Rousey against someone with a really good wrestling. If she can beat those kind of opponents, she'll be really dominant.

Rousey IS an elite grappler. She faced the most elite womens grapplers in the world, in the Olympics. An elite bjj player? Mabey not.

Kyra = zero MMA fights
Ronda = 7-0 all by arm bar

so... how is Kyra even talked about in a MMA match against Ronda?

in a grappling match, I think Kyra has a good shot... but Kyra hasn't fought ONE MMA match.. till she actually steps in a cage and proves that she can win, this conversation is stupid.

Rousey is a judoka, she's a beast to take the fight to the ground and sub in a few seconds, she proved it in the octagon and on the olympic mats but I'm curious to see how she would fare against an elite bjj player.

IMHO Kyra would be a good challenge on the ground for Ronda. I wouldn't put my money on either of them.

In a grappling match Kyra would destroy Ronda, just like Ronda would destroy Kyra in a judo match. MMA is kind of in-between these rulesets even though Ronda has much more experience in the cage.

I'm sure this is an argument that is going to get me yelled at, but Rousey cuts from 145/150 to get to 135... doesn't Kyra walk around at 130ish?

Rousey is big, when I saw her I wished my shoulders were that boulder

In a grappling match Kyra would destroy Ronda, just like Ronda would destroy Kyra in a judo match. MMA is kind of in-between these rulesets even though Ronda has much more experience in the cage.

Judo, wrestling, sumo, bjj are all grappling with different rule sets. Kyra should win a grappling match with Bjj rules, Ronda should win a grappling match with judo rules.

Bjj does not equal grappling.

By grappling I was thinking no gi submission wrestling with ADCC rules.
As a judoka myself I'm well aware that BJJ is not the only way to grapple :).

By grappling I was thinking no gi submission wrestling with ADCC rules.
As a judoka myself I'm well aware that BJJ is not the only way to grapple :).

I am probably over sensitive on the issue especially with English your second language (?). I primarily participate in Bjj now but have spent lots of time in judo and wrestling.

I am probably over sensitive on the issue especially with English your second language (?). I primarily participate in Bjj now but have spent lots of time in judo and wrestling.

English is my second language but since I often see other people using "grappling" when they talk about no gi, I assumed it wouldn't be understood as "grappling arts". Anyway I'll try to be more careful about it in the future.

Kyra has never had someone trying to punch her face in with those tiny gloves. That makes a gigantic difference. She has a great ground game but it don't mean shit till she can prove she can stay calm while getting her face blasted.

Like I said, till Kyra proves she can fight in the cage, this conversation is pointless.

Even Marcelo Garcia had a hell of a time trying to adjust fighting in MMA... Couldn't put his opponent away.

Back