"Royce Gracie believes Kyra Gracie could beat Ronda Rousey."

Royce has always kind of been in a bubble. Rickson too. Even in the BJJ world, they're isolationists. They're not open. They make a lot of assumptions. It's actually sad to me that MMA's foremost pioneers cling to such "TMA" close-mindedness.

Royce vs Ronda is far more interesting.

His opinions are as numerous as his blue belts and about the same quality.

Man I literally spit out my coffee reading your post. Cheers sir!
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Although for once in my life I do agree with Royce but only if Kyra and Ronda fought in a grappling only match.

Lol at his comment that women are too feminine to fight.

I guess he will agree if all women that will fight looks like Cybored?

You have to read the GTR recaps of the Reyla Gracie book to fully grasp the epic! longstanding misogyny in the Gracie family. Yes, a good deal of that has to do with era the came up in, but you take helio's interview in playboy and statements like this and you get the feeling not much has changed.

The mythos built around this family, primarily by Rorion, but also later by Carlinhos, are mostly fantasy. I'm glad that the Gracie family is no longer at the vanguard of this sport and this art. The may have birthed it, but they don't control it anymore, and that's a good thing.

You have to read the GTR recaps of the Reyla Gracie book to fully grasp the epic! longstanding misogyny in the Gracie family. Yes, a good deal of that has to do with era the came up in, but you take helio's interview in playboy and statements like this and you get the feeling not much has changed.

The mythos built around this family, primarily by Rorion, but also later by Carlinhos, are mostly fantasy. I'm glad that the Gracie family is no longer at the vanguard of this sport and this art. The may have birthed it, but they don't control it anymore, and that's a good thing.

Yeah I have watch a documentary about Helio Gracie I forgot what it is he is saying that the primary purpose of women is to bear a child. That is why even though I respect their contributions to the sport I cannot consider them good ambassadors for it.

I think if you talk to most people of that age they'll say they don't like the idea of women fighting.

My parents would and probably add in some comments about gays and blacks whilst they're at it!

kyra probably would submit ronda. i mean, liz carmouche almost did...liz carmouche. liz is very much a novice on the ground. Ronda has great throws and a very good armbar, but she does leave a lot of openings. Problem is...her opponents are not skilled enough to capitalize. In time, she'll fix these weaknesses but right now would be the best time for Kyra to win.

kyra probably would submit ronda. i mean, liz carmouche almost did...liz carmouche. liz is very much a novice on the ground. Ronda has great throws and a very good armbar, but she does leave a lot of openings. Problem is...her opponents are not skilled enough to capitalize. In time, she'll fix these weaknesses but right now would be the best time for Kyra to win.

Watch it again, Carmouche didn't even come close to sinking in that sub - Rousey did everything in the correct order to get out of it without being in danger. If you don't believe me, watch the Gracie breakdown of the fight, they say the same thing.

Rousey isn't used to the fence yet, she let Carmouche walk up the wall to get out of her head and shoulders hold. I'm not sure that Kyra is any more used to the wall than Rousey is, so I'm not sure that helps much.

In terms of submission skills, Kyra is obviously a lot better than Rousey. In terms of throws and takedowns, Rousey is obviously a lot better than Kyra. In terms of everything else involved in MMA, its hard to say. Both reportedly have almost no striking worth speaking of. Basically, if Royce is sure Kyra can sub Rousey, he might be trying to convince her to give it a go. A MMA fight against Rousey is in fact a grappling match, since Rousey has almost non-existent striking.

My suspicion is that under MMA rules, Rousey wins simply because of size.

I'm not sure if Rousey could beat Kyra. I'd like to see Rousey facing an elite grappler, it would be an interesting match-up. Also I'd like to see Rousey against someone with a really good wrestling. If she can beat those kind of opponents, she'll be really dominant.

Yeah I have watch a documentary about Helio Gracie I forgot what it is he is saying that the primary purpose of women is to bear a child. That is why even though I respect their contributions to the sport I cannot consider them good ambassadors for it.

This is so neither here nor there, what's the point in even posting this?

Watch it again, Carmouche didn't even come close to sinking in that sub - Rousey did everything in the correct order to get out of it without being in danger. If you don't believe me, watch the Gracie breakdown of the fight, they say the same thing.

Rousey isn't used to the fence yet, she let Carmouche walk up the wall to get out of her head and shoulders hold. I'm not sure that Kyra is any more used to the wall than Rousey is, so I'm not sure that helps much.

In terms of submission skills, Kyra is obviously a lot better than Rousey. In terms of throws and takedowns, Rousey is obviously a lot better than Kyra. In terms of everything else involved in MMA, its hard to say. Both reportedly have almost no striking worth speaking of. Basically, if Royce is sure Kyra can sub Rousey, he might be trying to convince her to give it a go. A MMA fight against Rousey is in fact a grappling match, since Rousey has almost non-existent striking.

My suspicion is that under MMA rules, Rousey wins simply because of size.

Throws and Takedowns offense and defense. Which is very important in MMA. Since the one who can get on top has the advantage to do ground and pound.

If both are proficient in submissions even if the one in the bottom is the overall better submission fighter in an MMA setting the one on top has a definitive advantage.

Id really like to see Rousey matched up with Nicolini, Monteiro, or Bia to see how she handles them going after her feet. Id put my money on Rousey over Luanna, but Dern over Rousey

Is this the Royce version of Rickson being able to beat Fedor back in the day?

Back