Roy Nelson's spare tire advantage

I'm going to practice, I'll keep up with this conversation later.

His spare tire has no advantage to his face getting knocked the fuck out by Dos Santos

His spare tire has no advantage to his face getting knocked the fuck out by Dos Santos

Yeah, no doubt. If he tries and trade with JDS he'll be eating sweet boxing until he's dreaming of Ding Dongs, BK and Twinkies.

This thread is more about if JDS has to suffer the fate of breathing 1/8th the oxygen he's used to while getting top controlled from Nelson's over-developed gut.

If it was that useful BJ Penn would move to 205 and sub fools left and right.

Theres a very good reason there are no competitive fat guys in the restricted weight classes, because muscle mass is better than fat mass.

Arlovski and Schaub were able to get out of it. Why not JDS?

Arlovski didn't get out of it. The ref stood them up even though Roy had him in side mount and was being active. It was a B.S. stand up that may have taken a victory away from Roy. I'm not saying he would have won for sure, but he had 2:30 left and had already attempted two submissions.

As for Schaub, I don't really remember what happened in that fight. Did Roy have him in side control?

Arlovski didn't get out of it. The ref stood them up even though Roy had him in side mount and was being active. It was a B.S. stand up that may have taken a victory away from Roy. I'm not saying he would have won for sure, but he had 2:30 left and had already attempted two submissions.

As for Schaub, I don't really remember what happened in that fight. Did Roy have him in side control?

I don't think the fight with Schaub ever went to ground. It was an overhand right and a couple punches on the ground to finish.

Yeah dude. Roy understands the advantages of being a pudgy bastard- Otherwise he would have slimmed down a long time ago.

Nah Roy had him in KTFO.

Great punch. Spun him around, he went the the ground, and then one more to seal the deal.

Muscle is definitely better than fat.

You just have to accept that a guy who is fat has learned to use it to his advantage, especially a BJJ and Karate black belt, pro fighter, one of the better in the world type.

FAT people RULES! YEAH!
:icon_chee

Go_Be_Fat.jpg

As long as it doesn't affect your stamina having that food baby bearing down on people can only help your side control.

You can use it to create pressure on the head, chest, etc while still being able to keep your head up and looking for attacks. I would think it might be easier to transition to mount too.

I won't be trying to get food preggers to find out though.

I've grappled with a guy who was a wrestler and blue belt in JJ, and getting a good mount was tough as when on top of him, my knees would still be off the floor.

Yeah, no doubt. If he tries and trade with JDS he'll be eating sweet boxing until he's dreaming of Ding Dongs, BK and Twinkies.

This thread is more about if JDS has to suffer the fate of breathing 1/8th the oxygen he's used to while getting top controlled from Nelson's over-developed gut.

Dos Santos hands are no better than Roys.

I've grappled with a guy who was a wrestler and blue belt in JJ, and getting a good mount was tough as when on top of him, my knees would still be off the floor.

There are a few people that I have that same issue with :icon_chee

He hits harder. Other than that? No.

Just because someone throws a few jabs to the body doesn't mean they're a good boxer.

Cigano has better boxing than Big Country. That's fact.

Cigano has better boxing than Big Country. That's fact.

For real. JDS and Roy's form is night and day, not to mention the speed and timing of Cigano being a world above Roy. But yes, Roy has a big punch. Problem is, I don't think JDS has a too shabby chin. He ate plenty of CC left straights and didn't flinch.

I'm a big guy and it has it's advantages.

As far as Nelson-JDS - if Nelson can take a punch (which I think he can) he'll win by KO or sub - whatever he wants.

Back