Roy Nelson's jiu jitsu myth.

White belt gonna white belt.

Mir had the illness before the bout. And he had already recovered from the knee injury. (And I am a huge Mir Fan)

Roy was sick during the match you mouth breather.

Also Mir was able to do what he did due to Roys illness. And that was my whole point.

you're absolutely delusional

Is this some kind of inside joke or an MMA myth?

I realise he's meant to have a black belt under Renzo Gracie, which may be the inside joke - hey, let's pretend a really fat guy is great at BJJ!
Really wouldn't surprise me.
But as far as I can see, he won a Grappler's Quest tournament once (whatever that is) and the best he ever did in Abu Dhabi was the quarter finals.

We keep hearing about how amazing he is at JJ but he never uses it. We've not seen it in the UFC. Ever.
So he's fighting a guy who just wants to take him down last night but is so confident in these JJ skills that he supposedly has, that he fights like a guy who has never been to the ground in his entire life and is terrified to going to the ground so much that he adopts a completely new stance.

I'm really not buying the 'I'd rather stand up and bang' nonsense.

'Kung-Fu fighter and BJJ black belt'. Hmmmm.

He must really suck to only make the quarterfinals at Abu Dhabi.

Nelson has zero fight IQ and doesn't seem to give a crap about making any type of improvements.

you're absolutely delusional
1126.gif

Great retort! Proven once again, why nobody takes white belts seriously.

Roy knows what the fans want, they don't want to see him rolling around with other heavies, they wanna see him throw down.

Would have much rather seen Nelson take down and submit Rosholt than watch that standing, beer-belly battle snooze-fest.

his bjj is really good, he just isn't good shape enough to use it effectively when compared to his ko ability

Would have much rather seen Nelson take down and submit Rosholt than watch that standing, beer-belly battle snooze-fest.

Taking down Rosholt is easier said then done and he has a pretty smothering top game.

Look at how easily he neutered Struve from on top.

As boring as his fight was standing it woulda been ten times worse if it had gone to the ground.

I haven't posted since the format change. Back when nobody gave a damn about "Likes". What dbag actually uses "Likes", as an insult? lol Stick to Facebook, son. It's geared more towards your level intellect...

I haven't posted since the format change. Back when nobody gave a damn about "Likes". What dbag actually uses "Likes", as an insult? lol Stick to Facebook, son. It's geared more towards your level intellect...

at least he didn't say anything about your grammar.

the point was that you inexplicably think post count is somehow related to intelligence so i used your own cringe worthy logic, dumbshit

way to defend some guy who blatantly lied about something because "MUH WHITE BELTS"

Lots of people reference that old BJJ match, where Roy eeked out a decision over Mir (a decision in a jiujitsu match);

But here is a little-known fact: they also fought another time in pure jiujitsu, within a year of that match, which was not filmed and put up on youtube, and Mir submitted Roy with a kimura.

the point was that you inexplicably think post count is somehow related to intelligence so i used your own cringe worthy logic, dumbshit

way to defend some guy who blatantly lied about something because "MUH WHITE BELTS"

No. I mentioned you being a white belt because, almost every new user is an idiot. You are also an idiot and just so happen to be a white belt, so that insult was easy to make.

Again no. I didn't defend him, I agree with him and I found enjoyment in busting you out, on YOUR lie. Had nothing to do with you belt status, crybaby.

Back