Roy Nelson's azz kick not looking so bad now

Amerikuracana

Life allows the illusion of relativity
Banned
Reaction score
Seems like John is suffering from some early onset dementia solely affecting his ability to tell when a fight should be stopped. Maybe Roy had a point.

Faber should have won by TKO. An early stoppage is better than a late one because it can prevent brain damage and death. BJM was always a shitty ref though

Wouldn't Pickett making it to the final bell intact prove that it shouldn't have been stopped? He wasn't done.

Faber should have won by TKO. An early stoppage is better than a late one because it can prevent brain damage and death. BJM was always a shitty ref though
Big John McCarthy is like Rumpelstiltskin, He's a Good Man.

Pickett was fighting back and defending intelligently, therefore the fight shouldn't have been stopped

Wouldn't Pickett making it to the final bell intact prove that it shouldn't have been stopped? He wasn't done.
2 rounds of unnecessary damage. Just because they aren't dead yet doesn't mean the fight should continue

It didn't quite shut the lights off. I like you and Faber wanted the walk away KO but some refs don't give it. Like Anderson Vs. Bisping you need to bounce their head off the octagon for some of these guys.

2 rounds of unnecessary damage. Just because they aren't dead yet doesn't mean the fight should continue

How was it unnecessary damage? He survived it, he wasn't done, he kept going trying to win the fight. It's a fight.

John would have stopped it if it was HW's. A little extra manlet pitter patter won't kill a man.

Can you back that up with anything or... No?

He was out on the way down, and then ate a clean punch after he was already out. It may have woke him up a bit. The only thing that allowed him to survive was Faber looking at John twice like “wtf?”

It didn't quite shut the lights off. I like you and Faber wanted the walk away KO but some refs don't give it. Like Anderson Vs. Bisping you need to bounce their head off the octagon for some of these guys.
It wasn't even really controversial but I was surprised it wasn't stopped, that was a lot of clean punches in a row, 9 times out of 10 that would have been a TKO

It wasn't even really controversial but I was surprised it wasn't stopped, that was a lot of clean punches in a row, 9 times out of 10 that would have been a TKO
Yeah I think Faber was kind of pissed too but wanted maintain his class.

He did land the follow up shot that validated the first shot. THAT is when it should have been stopped.

He was out on the way down, and then ate a clean punch after he was already out. It may have woke him up a bit. The only thing that allowed him to survive was Faber looking at John twice like “wtf?”

Guys get flash KOed in other fights. It happens. If Pickett was finished Faber would have finished him. Pickett was still in the fight and he lasted to the end, that's it and that's all...

Back