Roy Nelson vs. Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva official for Brasilia FN (95) event

toe hold

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
http://mmajunkie.com/2016/08/roy-nelson-vs-antonio-silva-added-to-ufc-fight-night-95-event

A bout between veteran heavyweights has been added to the UFC’s return trip to Brazil.

Officials today announced
Roy Nelson (21-13 MMA, 8-9 UFC) and Antonio Silva (19-9-1 MMA, 3-6-1 UFC) have joined UFC Fight Night 95’s lineup.

The event takes place Sept. 24 at Nilson Nelson Gymnasium in Brasilia. It airs on FS1 following early prelims on UFC Fight Pass, though the bout order hasn’t been finalized.

Nelson is No. 15 in the USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie
MMA heavyweight rankings. Silva isn’t ranked.

Nelson is currently in 1-4 skid and could be fighting for his job. After a three-fight skid that included losses to Mark Hunt, Josh Barnett and Alistair Overeem, the 40-year-old rebounded with a decision victory over Jared Rosholt. However, in his most recent bout, the former IFL champion and “The Ultimate Fighter 10” winner suffered a split-decision defeat to Derrick Lewis. He now heads to Brazil for the first time in his 12-year pro career.

Silva, a 36-year-old Brazilian, also is in a rut and is 1-5-1 in his past seven bouts. The former Strikeforce fighter and ex-EliteXC champion has suffered four knockout losses in his past five fights, including recent first-round defeats to Hunt and Stefan Struve. The latter lasted just 16 seconds.

Not sure if Bigfoot has landed one significant strike in like his last 3-4 fights.

Both guys are done, but Bigfoot is RIP

Both guys on a slide
but people are going to be interested
in seeing them fight

only at heavyweight can you survive the kind of records these
guys have in the UFC

Didn't realize both guys have losing records inside of the octagon. This should probably be a loser leaves town type fight. Although I said Bigfoot should have called it quits a little bit ago.

I was never a big Bigfoot fan but that doesn't mean I want him to die.

Shameful fight. Bigfoot should be forced to retire.

I hope by a miracle Bigfoot looks good and can win this fight. But all logic tells me he's gonna suffer a severe concussion.

BigfootSilva_backstage.gif

silvaprefightsex.gif

Why are they doing this to Bigfoot???? Hope he doesnt become the first death in the ufc. Hope Roy puts him away clean, one shot and Silva is alive and coherent afterward, no extra brain damage/death

I hope Roy gets a HUGE KO in this one.

Every time, I say Bigfoot definitely has a way to win on paper. Every time, Bigfoot gets wrecked.

Nelson, TKO.

Is it possible for them both to lose? cause i'd put my money on that.

Bye Bye Bigfoot

God... they really want Bigfoot to go extinct.

The dude's chin is gone and he has a medical condition. He shouldn't be fighting anymore.

He doesn't even bother to throw strikes anymore. He just waits to get hit

Back