Roy Nelson on JDS loss: "If I had two extra rounds, it could have been a different fi

homer-simpson+vs+tatum.jpg

Ah cmon maybe his opinion is a little crazy but dont hate on Big Country the guy is a legit badass :)

No other man in the world can step into the UFC in that kind of shape and compete with the top level fighters.

Would have, could have, should have, it is what it is.

http://fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Ro...ds,-it-could-have-been-a-different-fight.html

"I think even back then, if I'd had two extra rounds, it could have been a different fight. I always care about the title shot, but that's the end game. For the most part, as long as you're fighting in the UFC, you're fighting the best in the world. Of course you want that belt, but it's not what defines you as a fighter."
-Roy Nelson

Is Roy joking here? I thought JDS was going to put him into a coma if that fight had gone on longer. Country didn't do shit except eat power shots. JDS had triple the output...

Yeah, it could have been different. He could have died of a heart attack or exhaustion.

Just re watched this fight.
JDS definetly won, but Im not sure why all the hate for nelson. He landed a few bombs of his own, enough to open JDS face. He did take a little punishment in the first, but the second and third was competitive and both fighters got winded coming down the stretch. I don't think nelson would win a five round decision. But he could end it with a hard right.
There's a whole list of top heavyweights that couldn't make it as far as roy did.

Give the guy a little credit.

he gets props for making it through, but he got hit so hard that if they were in a ring, he would have been sent over the top rope about 3 times. he didn't have enough in the tank to stop jds at that point even with two more rounds.

Just re watched this fight.
JDS definetly won, but Im not sure why all the hate for nelson. He landed a few bombs of his own, enough to open JDS face. He did take a little punishment in the first, but the second and third was competitive and both fighters got winded coming down the stretch. I don't think nelson would win a five round decision. But he could end it with a hard right.
There's a whole list of top heavyweights that couldn't make it as far as roy did.

Give the guy a little credit.

Why are we supposed to give him credit when he's fucking delusional? He has horrible cardio, but he thinks 2 more rounds would have been a good thing? Worst of all is that he thinks he somehow beat Werdum.

Roy's just trolling, surprised anybody takes these kinds of things he says seriously anymore.

Yea it would have been different, JDS would have got the finish. Roy must be with the diaz bros toking it up if he thinks the 2 extra rounds would go any differently

he's right...it would have been different. jds would have gotten the stoppage.

Nelson was more gassed than JDS in that fight. JDS's cardio has improved a lot since their fight.

I think Nelson's experiencing symptoms of brain damage from all the punishment he's taking from JDS, Mir and Werdum.

He kinda had a Homer Simpson boxing game plan, jds was tiring and big country still had quite a bit of power in his shots during round 3, I doubt it would've went any different but I think big country would've been beaten less severely as he was the previous rounds.

http://fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Ro...ds,-it-could-have-been-a-different-fight.html

"I think even back then, if I'd had two extra rounds, it could have been a different fight. I always care about the title shot, but that's the end game. For the most part, as long as you're fighting in the UFC, you're fighting the best in the world. Of course you want that belt, but it's not what defines you as a fighter."
-Roy Nelson

Is Roy joking here? I thought JDS was going to put him into a coma if that fight had gone on longer. Country didn't do shit except eat power shots. JDS had triple the output...

Werdum gave him a worse beating than JDS.

I think if roy loses another ten pounds and works more on his footwork and combinations, he could be a top 10 for sure. He has the power, the cardio, and the grappling. He just needs the speed to compete with the upper echelon of the UFC Heavyweights. Guys like DC, JDS, Reem, Cain, and Werdum are too much for him as he is now. I think he could hold his own against some of the bottom 3 of the top ten, but he has a lot of room for improvement still.

If this fight was different, it would have been a different fight

nothing more to add here that other posters haven't said already.

I will boost my post count by berating your attempt to boost your post count.

-Roy Nelson

If that fight lasted 2 more reounds, Nelson wouldn't have been able to say this quote coherently without stuttering and mumbling his words

I will boost my post count by berating your attempt to boost your post count.

Can I berate you berating him to gain post count?

On topic- Roy got beat up more than we thought.

Can I berate you berating him to gain post count?

On topic- Roy got beat up more than we thought.

No, because you actually contributed to the thread in your second statement, thereby gaining post count legally.

Unlike this post.

Back