Roy Nelson is a +180 underdog against Overeem

Wow, I wasn't expecting Roy to be the underdog considering his iron chin and powerful hands.

econoreem... good one. Reem certainly has the power to knock roy out clean however, he's a changed guy without the roids. I'de put the match 50/50 tbh, econoreem is not a top fighter.

Overeem could actually outgrapple Nelson so Nelson has nothing but a big right hand in this fight.

Nelson's been fighting for a decade, has 30 fights and has never been submitted. I can't even recall a single time he's been a position for someone to attempt a submission.

Let's look at Overeem's last 8 opponents

WIN Stefan Struve- 28% KOs
LOSS(KO) Rothwell- 59% KOs
WIN Frank Mir- 19% KOs
LOSS(KO) Travis Browne- 79% KOs
LOSS(KO) Bigfoot- 72% KOs
WIN Brock- 40% KOs
WIN Werdum- 32% KOs

??? Roy Nelson- 65% KOs

It seems there's a trend that when he fights 50%+KOs fighter, he gets knocked out but is a great fighter against grapplers.

I'm a fan of the Reem but he's at the part of his career and enough of a draw to pick out better matchups for himself.

Great post.

It is worth a shot. Who knows what to expect with Overeem. Overeem is one of the most unpredictable fighters out there.

If I was a gambling man, I'd put some money on the fat guy.

Nelson's only weapon is his right hand. Reem is not exactly known for a high fight iq but he'll circle away from nelson's right. Maybe overeem can crack his chin too.

Pretty much this, you forgot only in the first round.

Roy literally had not won a fight in the UFC any other way, or outside the first.

5$ on Roy at +195, see where the line goes from here. Good value.

Yes indeed. Roy is great at finding the mark with his right and overeem is way too easy to hit

def worth a bet. i would have roy as the favorite actually, strange odds.

Let's look at Overeem's last 8 opponents

WIN Stefan Struve- 28% KOs
LOSS(KO) Rothwell- 59% KOs
WIN Frank Mir- 19% KOs
LOSS(KO) Travis Browne- 79% KOs
LOSS(KO) Bigfoot- 72% KOs
WIN Brock- 40% KOs
WIN Werdum- 32% KOs

??? Roy Nelson- 65% KOs

It seems there's a trend that when he fights 50%+KOs fighter, he gets knocked out but is a great fighter against grapplers.

I'm a fan of the Reem but he's at the part of his career and enough of a draw to pick out better matchups for himself.

Good analysis. Overeem has all the tools and physical ability but seems to lack the intelligence to avoid disaster against dangerous fighters. I won't be the least bit surprised if Nelson KO's him.

Sherdog voted Nelson the favorite to win, something like 55-45.

Get on out there and put your bets down!

A burnt child dreads the fire. Overeem is going to take Roy down and put a beating on him. He doesn't want to feel that right.

Reem is just going to take Nelson down and pound him for an easy decision win.

This, everybody knows Roy's game plan. Terrible cardio and only that 1 punch ability.

Ecoreem takes his easily. Lay N Pray.

Back