Roy Jones says we shouldn't criticize GGG over the Brook fight

busterwolf

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

Jones makes a good point when he mentions Canelo. The Brook fight is a direct result of Canelo dropping the belt, and Eubank making those crazy demands. Ward is fighting Kovalev, Jacobs had signed for Mora so I dont really know what he could do at this point.

I really don't get any of it....
Didn't have a problem with canelo fighting khan.
Don't have a problem with ggg fighting brooks.

Both fights were/are good fights

I really don't get any of it....
Didn't have a problem with canelo fighting khan.
Don't have a problem with ggg fighting brooks.

Both fights were/are good fights

That's what I said too. Neither fight is great, but both are somewhat interesting. Khan proved me right in that fight, he made it a really good fight. I think Brook is a better fighter than Khan, so he could realistically do the same.

Roys right. I think the difference between GGG brook and canelo khan is that Canelo could have made a fight with anybody in the division due to his popularity but he chose khan instead, while most of GGGs potential opponents are already booked/ not interested in the fight

GGG Wanted Canyellow he then drops the belt. ....... then he wanted a middle weight up n Comer then that guy makes crazy requests like a 50 50 split which causes that fight to not happen. I wish GGG wpuld have fought Lara instead and KTFO the man many people a w as getting a draw with Alva re z.

Brook was literally the best he could do interns of making money and a person that would fight him..

Really liked Canelo till the GGG duck.

Yep. Canelo shit his pants leaving GGG with few options.
Every man and his dog knew how the Khan fight would go, yella would get outboxed until landing the ko mid to late.
GGG/Brook is not as easy to predict.

Back