Roy Jones Jr. VS. Anderson Silva?

Boxing and MMA are totally different sports--noncompete contracts may not apply. Dana better be VERY careful with this... silva has no challengers in the UFC, he could very well just quit the UFC for a $5 million payday against jones.

Dana will have lost another star due to his general incompetence.

Let him do it Dana White.

Bad enough you promote the brand and not the players.
Bad enough you pay them a fraction of what they bring to the company.
Bad enough you try at every turn to put Boxing down.
Bad enough you work overtime to corner the market.

Don

Let him do it Dana White.

Bad enough you promote the brand and not the players.
Bad enough you pay them a fraction of what they bring to the company.
Bad enough you try at every turn to put Boxing down.
Bad enough you work overtime to corner the market.

Don

Fuck this is boring. Of course Roys calling for it, who's gonna refuse some free money.

I would like to see the contract language. I wonder if it is exclusive for mma or for fighting in general. Furthermore, if Anderson breached his contract and fought Jones anyways, it would be an efficient breach because he would make millions of dollars for boxing Roy Jones, and I doubt the UFC would be able to prove that his breach produced damages at anywhere near that amount. If the contract has a non-compete clause the UFC would try to get an injunction to prevent Anderson from fighting, but most courts are loathe to enforce non-compete clauses, especially if there is language in the contract that is patently unfair, such as the UFC's champion clause (which was in Randy's contract) which says that a UFC champion cannot leave while a champion, and has to automatically resign for the same amount of money as he was previously making. That is unconscionable, and assuming that same language is in Anderson's contract, a judge might void his contract with the UFC entirely.

one question. would this fight have a chance of getting SANCTIONED? any opinions.

one question. would this fight have a chance of getting SANCTIONED? any opinions.

Keith Kizer posted on the UG that they would evaluate the fight and that Anderson is not a ordinary unexperienced boxer...I take it he means that if there is enough $ they will sanction it.

It was never going to happen while Silva was in the UFC. Why would they want their star attraction to get splattered in front of the whole world.

Yeah, it would have been ugly. I honestly can't believe it generated so much interest. RJJ would have destroyed him.

Keith Kizer posted on the UG that they would evaluate the fight and that Anderson is not a ordinary unexperienced boxer...I take it he means that if there is enough $ they will sanction it.

Kizer doesn't think he's an ordinary, inexperienced boxer?

Coulda fooled me.

I have watched Anderson train boxing. He looked extremely ordinary to me.

I would like to see the contract language. I wonder if it is exclusive for mma or for fighting in general. Furthermore, if Anderson breached his contract and fought Jones anyways, it would be an efficient breach because he would make millions of dollars for boxing Roy Jones, and I doubt the UFC would be able to prove that his breach produced damages at anywhere near that amount. If the contract has a non-compete clause the UFC would try to get an injunction to prevent Anderson from fighting, but most courts are loathe to enforce non-compete clauses, especially if there is language in the contract that is patently unfair, such as the UFC's champion clause (which was in Randy's contract) which says that a UFC champion cannot leave while a champion, and has to automatically resign for the same amount of money as he was previously making. That is unconscionable, and assuming that same language is in Anderson's contract, a judge might void his contract with the UFC entirely.

Sweet.
That's my boy.

thats pretty sad. theres already enough mismatches that happen in boxing. im not sure what kind of buzz this fight could of potentially generated. UFC fans would probably be intrested, but i could see alot of other people asking, who is anderson silva? this fight would of made boxing/RJJ and the UFC/silva look worse.

There's practically zero chance of this fight happening now, and I wouldn't be surprised if Jones never mentions it again.

He was looking for a fight in the event that Hopkins beats Calzaghe. That didn't happen, so he'll be going after the fight with Joe.

Even this early there's been talk of a November date.

You guys know how I feel about this. Read my signature. I Heart Anderson Silva.

All of you "telling" Dana to let it happen are really killing me. You guys obviously don't know about the BUSINESS side of sport and what throwing Silva millions of dollars elsewhere could do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back