Roy Jones Jr. VS. Anderson Silva?

just have rjj and silva fight in ufc under modified rules with ufc gloves ,fuck !!they did it for tommy morrison and he has aids

HIV for the win! or lose, most likely!

Yup. However, Dana does need to pick it up. Cung le and Shamrock made two times what Silva makes for fighting each other.

I'm sure you're right. I've seen the payouts for Le and Shamrock but I can't remember what they were. But, by being the UFC champ, Anderson's name is more relevant among casual MMA fans, making him open to more endorsements.

Isn't Silva's name more relevant to mma fans than shamrock's since mma and ufc especially gained steam within the last 5 or so years and shamrock's heyday was like 15 years ago when he was fighting bar room brawlers and 5 people watched ufc? I know he's a 'legend' but i estimate that most current mma fans (mostly teenagers through 30yr old men) don't really care about the tomato cans that shamrock disposed of in the early 90s, with all due respect.

Isn't Silva's name more relevant to mma fans than shamrock's since mma and ufc especially gained steam within the last 5 or so years and shamrock's heyday was like 15 years ago when he was fighting bar room brawlers and 5 people watched ufc? I know he's a 'legend' but i estimate that most current mma fans (mostly teenagers through 30yr old men) don't really care about the tomato cans that shamrock disposed of in the early 90s, with all due respect.

ken shamrock, tank abbot and royce gracie are still bigger names in the world of MMA than most of todays stars (that definetly includs anderson silva).

ken shamrock, tank abbot and royce gracie are still bigger names in the world of MMA than most of todays stars (that definetly includs anderson silva).

Which is why they still put those guys guys in their with "up and cummers" to help bring in the revenue.

Why would RJJ take the fight? There's nothing in it for him!

There are two galring problems if this was to go forward:

1) What do you pay Silva? RJJ makes millions a fight, right? No one is the UFC does that, so if you pay Silva that kinda of money, he might not come back andi f you don't then the contract will be wack. Paying Silva million is no good for Dana.

2) What's the point for RJJ to fight? AS FAR AS THE AVERAGE PERSON IS CONCERED, Silva is a nobody. So if RJJ fights and wins, everyone will say "Big deal, He fought an nobody and won. Obviously" And if he were to lose to Silva everyone would say "RJJ just lost to some nobody - we should watch him. RJJ must be a weak chump" In other words there isnt anything in it for RJJ, win or lose.

PS- I'm talking under boxing rules here. Not MMA.

RJJ would punch a hole in his head, his brains would be leaking out his ears!

i wonder if there is something in silva's contract that specifically prevents him from boxing.

does anyone think that this fight would of had a possibility of getting sanctioned?

i just read that jones had contact with silva's people, and was actually intrested in fighting the spider. he actually said that silva would be a good matchup. jones brains are probably still scrambled to this day. i don't think the jones of old would be that modest. he's definetly not the RJJ of physically or mentally

i can see why dana axed the notion. if jone beat silva decisvely, then the UFC would lose alot of credibility. dana knows that silva doesent have a prayer. i would love to one day, see a cross promotional matchup. the best boxing has to offer against the best in MMA. they fight each other in the ring and in the octagon

I'm a huge fan of MMA and know very little about boxing, but I know enough to know it'd be a terrible slaughter. Roy Jones, Jr. would pummel Anderson Silva into Bolivian.

someone should just call d. white yella and see what happens.

I'm a huge fan of MMA and know very little about boxing, but I know enough to know it'd be a terrible slaughter. Roy Jones, Jr. would pummel Anderson Silva into Bolivian.

Wow, he'd beat him so badly his nationality would change? :icon_chee

Back