Roy Jones Jr. is confident he will fight Silva

chaoticmayhem

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Roy Jones Jr. talks about boxing Silva or Diaz and talks a bit about Weidman towards the end.

Apparently he's already talked to Dana about a possible fight with Silva so maybe this will happen..hopefully. Seems to be a ton of respect between them.

This video may have been posted before but I did a quick search and found nothing so no need for any posts like "old news"..blah blah.

[YT]7f4YCKIo33s#t=13[/YT]

This is like GSP/Silva, it will never happen.

Now let's say that it does. I know this is Anderson's dream and all, unfortunately it a boxing match he absolutely will get worked. That said, I don't like boxing at all, I would definitely watch this.

Not a huge boxing fan, but I'd watch this.

MMA and Dana are searching for headlines so now more than ever I could see Dana allowing the fight.

When Anderson was on top, not a chance.

This is like GSP/Silva, it will never happen.

Now let's say that it does. I know this is Anderson's dream and all, unfortunately it a boxing match he absolutely will get worked. That said, I don't like boxing at all, I would definitely watch this.

it would look like Anderson /Forrest with Anderson playing the role of Forrest.

AliShuffleAndersonSilva.gif

This would be 1000x better than Honda and Floyd.

AS should box RJJ screw coming back to the UFC.

Roy really trying to suck him in haha. This will be the equivalent of Toney Couture in reverse

Great interview.
Roy is a well spoken man.
I would love for Anderson to get this opportunity. It would probably be wildly entertaining while it lasts.

Jones had a decent point about AS's leg. Boxing wouldn't be as big of a problem once he's ready to come back, if at all, like mma will be and having to throw and block kicks with that leg. Sounds like Jones wants the fight as much as Silva but I'm sure Dana will want to see how Silva comes back and where the money will be.

Also, it would be cool if a mma great fought by boxing rules and showed the respect Toney showed by trying his hand at mma.

I think it's a fun fight but the fact that PPV will be involved will be ridiculous. Won't pay for it. Will watch it on Youtube. Two old men fighter 10 years after originally talking about fighting.

Jones still beats Anderson in a boxing match.

UFC should put it on and make it a main event and make it in a ring with all Pride legends facing each other under Pride rules with a fight of Anthony Johnson v John Dodson.

it would look like Anderson /Forrest with Anderson playing the role of Forrest.

AliShuffleAndersonSilva.gif

This. A washed up aging roy jones jr will make it look easy. A prime roy would maul him within 30 seconds.

I'm confident I'll fuck miranda kerr. Probably ain't gonna happen.

Back