Roy jones JR. Beat Trinidad with a torn bicep: PROOF

Was that Eric Harding with the nasty bicep tear when he fought Jones?

Didn't he say something to the ref (think it was Cortez) before the fight like, "I don't care what happens in that ring, don't stop the fight".
Then his bicep gets that nasty rip in it.

I'm not a fan of Calzaghe. I'd love to believe that RJJ would beat him. But there's no way that's going to happen. Beating Trinidad with a torn bicep does not mean you can beat Calzaghe. Pavlik's the only fighter that I think has a shot of beating Calzaghe.

RJJ vs. Calazge in both primes...who wins?

I want to say Roy, but then I think of the Woods/Jones fight.
Jones won. But there were times in there when Woods would just unload on Jones. Jones would start slipping and parrying but a few would get threw and then a few more. Woods would lose steam or Jones would sneak out and then start battering Woods from a distance.

If Woods could get in close to do that to Jones, I'd have to think Calzaghe could. Even though Calzaghe's punches wouldn't look as hard as Woods, he would be landing them harder and more often. And he'd probably be able to keep up that rhythm longer than Woods would.
When someone would flurry on Jones he would enter defensive mode for a bit...slip and wait for that opening to land a quick counter. But Joe seems pretty knowledgeable about when that big counter would be coming, usually jumping out of reach right in time. And if he doesn't? Well, he showed with Mitchell that he can get back up.
I think Calzaghe could exploit Jones when he enters in that mode.

Roy is an amazing boxer, you don't see anyone with his style (I do miss the young RJJ).

RJJ will get pwned by indigestion and mud butt after a few round with Calzone

You people saying Calzaghe would beat Jones are all guilty of the same crime.
You put a prime Calzaghe in against the ghost of a man they used to call Superman.
Prime Roy, or anything close to it knocks Calzaghe out cold in under 6 rounds.
This is a man who dominated bigger men his entire career and lost 13 rounds on judges scorecards in 14 years (including Hopkins,Toney,McCallum,Hill). Once he came down from heavyweight (after becoming the first and only fighter EVER to start at 154lbs and win a heavyweight crown) he was never the same. He beat Antonio Tarver but faded badly the second half of the fight.
In his next fight he got caught and KO'd by Tarver.
Some of you may be too young to realize but Roy Jones Jr losing a fight was unthinkable . . .watching him get KO'd was a shock to the world.
His next fight was against Glen Johnson . .a good fighter, but a man Jones would have destroyed at any point in his career prior.
When Roy emerged from the dressing room he looked 10 years older than he ever had previously. I remember freaking out ad saying "Oh NO, what is wrong with Roy? Look at him!"
He lost three fights in a row . . .and THEN Calzaghe fought him.
Calzaghe was a good fighter . . no doubt . . .but to suggest he would beat anything resembling the best version of Roy is lunacy.
The ghost of Roy Jones Jr was able to knock Joe down in the first round.
The real Roy gets him out of there in under 6.

looks like vegapunk forgot his log in details

Calvagnte vs Floy, head to head, prime for prime- who wins?

Calvange would dust up Floy with much easy.

Clatvage started doin that shiftin' shit against Lacy and Lacy's eyes almost bugged out of his fukkin' skull.

Back