Roy Dean - This week in BJJ Episode 70

please tell me the hottie called in during the broad cast

Man, I really wish there was more Roy Dean interviews like this, without all the weird zen stuff.

This is just a real life, "normal" interview, and Roy really has solid advice and opinions on a whole range of things that you never see in any of those slow-paced, zen-bushido profiles you usually see made by or about him. This was fantastic.

sad no stuart cooper stuff brought up yet and im 20 min in

Bingo! 26 min mark!

Last edited:
I would like to have seen Jake and Roy roll to gauge what level Roy is on.. Not saying that he(Roy) is a slouch but Jake has rolled with some beasts on the mats

sad no stuart cooper stuff brought up yet and im 30 min in

He does bring it up but doesn't really say anything about it. Roy is a weird dude, but this was a very interesting interview! Even his technique seemed like it was straight out of a video instructional. Dude has a knack for that.

sad no stuart cooper stuff brought up yet and im 20 min in

Bingo! 26 min mark!

Thanks bro! I find roy dean very boring to listen too but I do enjoy the stuart cooper dean beef :D

edit... damn roy dean gave a great answer lol...

Last edited:
I would like to have seen Jake and Roy roll to gauge what level Roy is on.. Not saying that he(Roy) is a slouch but Jake has rolled with some beasts on the mats

Damn, they don't roll huh? Sucks, was looking forward to that.

I find Roy boring and robotic, and I don't even diss traditional martial arts... That said, I admire his open-minded outlook, and he handled the elephant in the room with class and grace. Much more so than his adversary. Roy is a smart guy and versatile martial artist.

Roy kept it classy when asked about the Cooper beef.

I'm interested to understand why Black Belts join affiliates they've never really trained under. Are the benefits really that high?

I found this creepy and weird.
Culty guru "vibes" everywhere, really vague airy fairy language and a whole lot of nothing being said.

EDIT: Second half is less weird

Last edited:
Back