ROXY!

Is anybody kinda bummed out like me that UFC uploaded the post-fight interview of Holm (after her hopelessly boring fight wih Raquel, and also a very predictable result), but not of Roxanne, who absolutely delivered in a odds-defying performance! I am 100% sure they would've upload the shit out of Macy if she would've won. This is some BS if you ask me.

Is anybody kinda bummed out like me that UFC uploaded the post-fight interview of Holm (after her hopelessly boring fight wih Raquel, and also a very predictable result), but not of Roxanne, who absolutely delivered in a odds-defying performance! I am 100% sure they would've upload the shit out of Macy if she would've won. This is some BS if you ask me.
She should have gotten the fucking performance bonus, too

I agree in a sense I have zero desire to see Holm's interview after that shit show so I'd prefer neither had been uploaded.

For failing to put away someone who apparently has a full MCL tear? Don't get me wrong she put in a good first round but bonus, nah fam. If anything it's just funny how much hype her opponent was getting, youngest champ in UFC history, lol what a fucking joke.

For failing to put away someone who apparently has a full MCL tear? Don't get me wrong she put in a good first round but bonus, nah fam. If anything it's just funny how much hype her opponent was getting, youngest champ in UFC history, lol what a fucking joke.
Beating someone up so bad as a gigantic underdog deserves a performance bonus imo
And it's not like this was a snooze fest. Barber was bleeding all over the place.

Beating someone up so bad as a gigantic underdog deserves a performance bonus imo
And it's not like this was a snooze fest. Barber was bleeding all over the place.
Eh maybe but I think the oddsmakers just got sucked into the hype the UFC built around Barber. Obviously no finishing bonus, did they give out a fight of the night bonus?

Eh maybe but I think the oddsmakers just got sucked into the hype the UFC built around Barber. Obviously no finishing bonus, did they give out a fight of the night bonus?
As far as i'm aware, and I don't follow this stuff as closely as I used to, the bonuses are now just generic "performance" awards. No need for a finish. I really felt like her performance warranted one. She stepped up as a huge underdog and derailed a hype train in dominant fashion. I get it if people disagree, but I thought she earned it.

Limbo, she admitted she didn't know Macy's leg was that bad. I will cut her some slack because usually the fighters who have that killer instinct to immediately recognise an injured fighter are the one's who act a lot more on feel, on reactions. The naturals if you say. She is very robotic, she goes out there with a set of things to do, a fixed plan. And let's not forget she is a grappler, this is her comfort zone. In order to finish Macy quick she had to stand up with her, that's not her preferred area. I agree with you, partially. Maybe an area of her game she should work in her camp - recogizing injury in opponent and capitalizing on it. But a fighter's corner should be able to spot these a lot easier and point it out for him/her.

As far as i'm aware, and I don't follow this stuff as closely as I used to, the bonuses are now just generic "performance" awards. No need for a finish. I really felt like her performance warranted one. She stepped up as a huge underdog and derailed a hype train in dominant fashion. I get it if people disagree, but I thought she earned it.
Ah really? I don't really watch the post fight stuff so I don't know but that seems an odd decision, always liked the bonus for fight of the night for fighters who put on a good scrap, well you know who else got a performance bonus? Assume Conor, Ferreira and Dober.

Limbo, she admitted she didn't know Macy's leg was that bad. I will cut her some slack because usually the fighters who have that killer instinct to immediately recognise an injured fighter are the one's who act a lot more on feel, on reactions. The naturals if you say. She is very robotic, she goes out there with a set of things to do, a fixed plan. And let's not forget she is a grappler, this is her comfort zone. In order to finish Macy quick she had to stand up with her, that's not her preferred area. I agree with you, partially. Maybe an area of her game she should work in her camp - recogizing injury in opponent and capitalizing on it. But a fighter's corner should be able to spot these a lot easier and point it out for him/her.
Yeah was a little odd that she went for a takedown when Barber clearly was struggling to remain standing. Not quiet as bad as the dude who lost to Sugar O Malley when he had if memory serves a broken leg but still wasn't great fight IQ

Yeah was a little odd that she went for a takedown when Barber clearly was struggling to remain standing. Not quiet as bad as the dude who lost to Sugar O Malley when he had if memory serves a broken leg but still wasn't great fight IQ
It was Soukhamthath. He took a beating prior to O Malley's injury and was probably very, very concussed to think straight at this point. But it still amazes me that he didn't see what was happening.

Ah really? I don't really watch the post fight stuff so I don't know but that seems an odd decision, always liked the bonus for fight of the night for fighters who put on a good scrap, well you know who else got a performance bonus? Assume Conor, Ferreira and Dober.

oleynik and kelleher got POTN bonuses too

Roxy live long and prosper.

images

Lets take a minute to appreciate this girl! Yeah, she might look like the girls you meet in a dungeon and dragons game, but she is savage to the bone! A fucking warrior! And not only that - she is the epitome of the saying "hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work". Roxy is a subpar athlete who is pushing 40 and she whooped Maycee like she stoled something from her!

To say I like her it would be an understatement! I always root for the underdog and for the guy or girl who just work his ass off. If you look at her body you can just tell she is not born with good genes, these muscles are all hard work, being 1st to show up in the gym and the last one to leave. She trains hard and fights even harder. Only praises can be said about this girl. She is always the underdog, but tries her best to win and even when she loses she puts up a good fight. You can't mentally break her, she has seen it all.

She is so resilient, being a female MMA fighter, where there is just no money to be made, and especially when she is over after her physical prime and she is not the best looking girl out there so noone will promote her and push her. She stucked with the MMA gig despite that! Big Respect!!! Love you Roxy!

I respect her as a veteran fighter but her schtick is unbearable

WMMA fighters break their legs when they eat a jab in the face.

100% agree. Roxanne put in a great hard-grappling performance and dominated Barber and if anyone deserved the US$60k Bonus I think it should have been Modafferi. No she's not some blonde young up-and-comer or some superstar but that's totally irrelevant : she should have got a Performance bonus in recognition of her work.

Back