ROXY!

Honestly, if Roxy hadn't spent most of her earlier years training in Japan and had come back to America sooner, she could have really been a star. It was only a few years ago that she looked like complete garbage, but she took her new training seriously and improved an absolute ton.

It's always cool to see Roxy get a win, especially when everyone is counting her out.

Roxy bless.

This pretty much sums up what I said in a different thread. In addition to that, she adopted the Japanese mentality of fighting closer to walking weight earlier in her career. This was obviously to her detriment as most of those fighters were bigger than her anyway.
Probably 25% - 33% of those losses shouldn't have happened had she moved back to USA earlier and into the correct weight class for herself.

Don't know how, but that fight ended up being the best on the card. It was the bloodiest with injury drama and good technique. Hats off to both fighters!
<{JustBleed}>
I am still not convinced on wmma

She's now taken out two young hype jobs, with Antonina being the other. Savage.

Don't know how, but that fight ended up being the best on the card. It was the bloodiest with injury drama and good technique. Hats off to both fighters!
<{JustBleed}>
Couldn't agree more. I'll definitely rewatch it a couple times.

Didn’t watch but wtf she dropped her with a jab? Ben was saying last week she (Barber) could be champ by years end hahah

She took the loss well and was totally respectful to Roxy, and has she really been bragging all that much? I mean, she's confident and wants to become a champ quicker than Jones did. That's not a bad goal.
For sure. I didn't mean to come off dismissive. In fact I've actually supported her antics in the past (PVZ call for example), but I knew she was writing a cheque she couldn't cash (Beating Valentina to be the youngest ever UFC champ!? Good luck with that). And I'd rather she just had more grounded expectations as it might help her career and skills growth. I don't want her to be another Ronda Rousey basket case in losing.

I was going to do a very similar thread.

For the HARDCORE fans and those who may fight/have fought, especially old school, Roxanne is the epitome of grinding hard work. She deserves admiration and huge props.
She has been around forever in MMA in general (nigh on 17 years) and is really the unheralded hero of WMMA.

Carano came and went.
Tate came and went.
Rousey came and went.
She has been around longer than Cyborg.

Roxy is a spoiler for anybody who doesn't have their shit right.

She spoiled Shevchenko's party and has done another.

I hope the UFC pay her nicely.
the great thing about her is she's getting better. Her striking and strength/conditioning are improving each time out. Good for her, i'm happy for her.

<{JustBleed}>
The Fili/Sadiq fight was good too.

She's now taken out two young hype jobs, with Antonina being the other. Savage.
I think Antonina is around 36 but shes new to the UFC and being Valentinas sister I k ow what your saying.Good job by Roxy always rooting for her

What was with Joe letting Maycee talk first? dis-hespect.

Macy should have walked out the cage like everybody else when taking an L.grabbing the mic during Roxy's time was kind of narcissistic.If you want to give her a message do it backstage or on Instagram if you have to..

Who's next for The Happy Warrior? I say let her fight Jessica Eye! Why not? Eye does't have a fight yet. She is what number 2 in the division? A win over her will put Roxy right in there to fight for the title. I think she beats Eye TBH. At least in the stand-up. Eye is stiff and she has shitty striking defence. She can wrestle, tho.

Expect to be fighting for the title this time next year apparently.

Good luck with that one o_O

Macy should have walked out the cage like everybody else when taking an L.grabbing the mic during Roxy's time was kind of narcissistic.If you want to give her a message do it backstage or on Instagram if you have to..
She said she wasn't sorry for her performance because it made her (Roxy) shine. No it didn't. Roxanne was shining on her own. She didn't need help. Her training and hard work helped her shine last night. Good for Roxanne that she's still has the fire to train and get better after being in this sport so long.

Wish I had put money on her - 850 underdog and probs even more for her to win by decision

Glad to see Roxy get the win, I always like her for being different.

Being a WMMA pioneer and her longevity makes her Hall of Fame worthy. No joke.

Back