1. We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. For those experiencing login issues, a temporary solution is to clear your cache and cookies on your web browser. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
  2. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

ROXY!

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Kyle Stephens, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Kyle Stephens Purple Belt

Lets take a minute to appreciate this girl! Yeah, she might look like the girls you meet in a dungeon and dragons game, but she is savage to the bone! A fucking warrior! And not only that - she is the epitome of the saying "hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work". Roxy is a subpar athlete who is pushing 40 and she whooped Maycee like she stoled something from her!

To say I like her it would be an understatement! I always root for the underdog and for the guy or girl who just work his ass off. If you look at her body you can just tell she is not born with good genes, these muscles are all hard work, being 1st to show up in the gym and the last one to leave. She trains hard and fights even harder. Only praises can be said about this girl. She is always the underdog, but tries her best to win and even when she loses she puts up a good fight. You can't mentally break her, she has seen it all.

She is so resilient, being a female MMA fighter, where there is just no money to be made, and especially when she is over after her physical prime and she is not the best looking girl out there so noone will promote her and push her. She stucked with the MMA gig despite that! Big Respect!!! Love you Roxy!

2. Isa If you can read this, you are too close

<{JustBleed}>

Pretty sure she spoiled the UFCs plan.
    And war Roxy

3. Stranger Come Knocking Silver Belt

Huh?

4. TheWobbler Brown Belt

Havent seen the fight yet but that punch that knocked maycee down lol

5. eon001 Red Belt

Man I don't want to kick a fighter while there down, but I'm glad Maycee has got humbled a bit. All her bragging was starting to irritate the fuck out of me. She's young, she'll come back, but in the mean time hold the L and simmer down a bit.

6. xhaydenx Black Belt

She was lighting Barber up on the feet, and when it went to the ground she was on a completely different level.

Honestly, if Roxy hadn't spent most of her earlier years training in Japan and had come back to America sooner, she could have really been a star. It was only a few years ago that she looked like complete garbage, but she took her new training seriously and improved an absolute ton.

It's always cool to see Roxy get a win, especially when everyone is counting her out.

Roxy bless.

7. MEAN357 Pernell Whitaker belt

LMFAO knocked down with a jab.. glad I skipped this one

{<jordan}

8. Takamine86 Black Belt

I just want to see the "happy warrior" smile when she is going in for the kill.

9. xhaydenx Black Belt

It didn't knock her down. They showed a different angle in the replay, and it was completely clear that she went down because of her knee.

She took the loss well and was totally respectful to Roxy, and has she really been bragging all that much? I mean, she's confident and wants to become a champ quicker than Jones did. That's not a bad goal.

10. Simian Raticus Sicker than your average.

Werd.

UFC protecting it's cash cow............ Roxanne Modafferi.

<Varys01>

11. Kyle Stephens Purple Belt

TBH Maycee's leg was compromised big time so the jab didn't knocked her down by itself. She was a one legged fighter at this point. But Roxy was winning almost all of the exchanges on the feet regardless if Maycee had two good legs or not.

12. CroCopsLHK Brown Belt

I'm not a betting man but that would've been smart betting. Roxanne has always been extremely technical but she put everything together tonight. Maycee didn't know what hit her XD

It makes me so happy seeing all the grind work for Roxi. She is a beautiful soul

13. Bang Bang - R-fish Down Black Belt Platinum Member

Askren with the Midas touch!

14. khabib time Banned Banned

She wasn't totally respectful to Roxy. Her octagon speech was very cryptic. If you know how to read between the lines it was actually disrespectful to grab the mic and say what she said.

15. xhaydenx Black Belt

Oh, yeah, I forgot about that bit. I know what you're saying. You could tell she wanted to make some excuses, but didn't want to be that person.

16. Limbo Pete Real History Man

It was patronizing

17. Pakman Steel Belt

She injured her knee.

But fuck her. Majin Roxy got the W

18. khabib time Banned Banned

She was losing before she hurt her knee. Roxy had her number last night.

19. Ekip White Belt

Hell yeah, UFC and ESPN were pushing her so hard with that narrative of "the youngest champ ever".

I actually like Maycee but congrats to Roxy for fuckin their plans up.

20. BigBadKraken Banned Banned

I was going to do a very similar thread.

For the HARDCORE fans and those who may fight/have fought, especially old school, Roxanne is the epitome of grinding hard work. She deserves admiration and huge props.
    She has been around forever in MMA in general (nigh on 17 years) and is really the unheralded hero of WMMA.

Carano came and went.
    Tate came and went.
    Rousey came and went.
    She has been around longer than Cyborg.

Roxy is a spoiler for anybody who doesn't have their shit right.

She spoiled Shevchenko's party and has done another.

I hope the UFC pay her nicely.