Roxy getting 60k for a performance like that is filth

I don’t understand what you are saying. Should Roxy NOT get 60k for her performance? Or should the UFC do a one-off and give her even more just because? I didn’t watch her fight but I’m happy she won but I don’t understand your reasoning whatsoever. She had a great performance and she got a bonus, this is how it has worked for years.

Also, what’s up with Americans and bitching about what fighters make AFTER taxes? Taxes exist everywhere, we are fully aware that you pay taxes on your income. The main difference is that you pay far less than most other countries (in turn, we don’t pay for obvious shit like health care).

Uncle fester gives Conor the 60k bonus which he would probably blow in a night on cocaine and hookers, where Roxy clears 60k for her entire performance which was one of the most impressive of the entire night.

Aleksei Oleinik received a fight of the night bonus for a rather sloppy performance against not exactly a terrible HW but a rather green HW who was coming off a loss which saw both guys heavily gas & swing wildly. I rate Oleinik as a fighter and always root for old man strength, it wasn't a terrible performance by no means but I was expecting him to get through Greene a bit easier than that.

Roxy dominated an opponent with a lot of hype who was expected to crush her within a few rounds. Roxy made 60k for her effort. After taxes, camp/coach fees, sparring partners and so forth she'd be lucky to clear half of that. I understand that womens MMA is not that popular but I feel she has somewhat of a name recognition being a vet who was on TUF, is now a 7 fight UFC vet with a respectable victories and has some highlight reel weigh ins.

Really? She said she was very happy with her pay on Ariel Helwani

I guess you know more then her

I thought it was poor fight IQ on Roxy's part to continually take Barber down, but Roxy has great jiu jitsu.

The pendulum sweep she hit on Barber was a thing of beauty.

It wasn't impressive. It was a girl with some grappling beating a super hyped up chick.

giphy.gif
@MayhemMonkey is that you speaking logic..?
I always speak logic you heathen :p

They did give 5 bonus's rather than 4 this time round.

Dana said the 5th was because Conor got one. Wasnt fair for someone to miss out to someone who didnt need 50k
yeah I get that, but with the amount of money they make now compared to when they introduced the bonuses they need updated imo. I believe all fighters should get a finish bonus. So they have their show money, win money and also get finish money. If its not just a flat bonus then they could negotiate it into contracts or something like that.

just an idea

Don’t worry, dude, she can buy a ton of comics and candy with the money left over.

yeah I dont understand giving the highest paid fighters on cards a bonus... they earn more than enough, let one of the undercard guys/girls get one
Good point, i mean, a bonus is a bonus, can be a new car for a family member or whatever, but when you have fighters making less than the bonus amount, well, they can manage to spare the bonus on the guy making millions and give it to a prelim guy that put his health on the line just the same for much less.

She only won cus she blew her knee out was a freak incident[/A paraplegic should go a couple rounds with roxeanne.

A hyped prospect like that maycee girl shouldn’t need but one leg and maybe a single arm to beat roxy.

if you have a jab and move a tad slower than Frankenstein or a 1960s zombie. Fighting Roxanne is as easy if a fight as it gets.

these women are so horrendous at fighting roxeanne is a top 135 lber.

and she is so bad. And she’s the 5th baddest woman on the planet.

if anyone is a fan of combat sports who didn’t discover the sport in the last 5 years.
It’s like the ufc commentators are telling you to put several bricks in your ass and that’s a quality choice to make in life. that’s the absurdity of the “ world class fight”.

If you have any sense of fighting you could beat roxeanne by having bad indigestion and just burping all over her.

It’s troubling that maycee was punched by this girl.
my 7 year old son would give roxeanne fits for a couple mins.

$60,000 is more than most people make in a year. That’s more than enough for any WMMA fighter.

Athletes have a limited shelf life so are expected to make much more than the average person.

I don’t understand what you are saying. Should Roxy NOT get 60k for her performance? Or should the UFC do a one-off and give her even more just because? I didn’t watch her fight but I’m happy she won but I don’t understand your reasoning whatsoever. She had a great performance and she got a bonus, this is how it has worked for years.

Also, what’s up with Americans and bitching about what fighters make AFTER taxes? Taxes exist everywhere, we are fully aware that you pay taxes on your income. The main difference is that you pay far less than most other countries (in turn, we don’t pay for obvious shit like health care).

I think it was unfair to give someone like Aleksei a bonus for a sloppy performance like that and Conor, a guy who is probably worth 100 million a 60k fight bonus. 60k sounds like a lot, but when you take into considering camp costs, coaches etc she'd be lucky to take home half of that.

Athletes can do regular jobs when they're done doing athletics.

They shouldn't have to though, especially when you take into considering these people may have injuries or brain damage that may hinder their ability to obtain work, until then we will continue seeing low level talent in the sport.

Good point, i mean, a bonus is a bonus, can be a new car for a family member or whatever, but when you have fighters making less than the bonus amount, well, they can manage to spare the bonus on the guy making millions and give it to a prelim guy that put his health on the line just the same for much less.
exactly, for those fighters that bonus can be life changing

Sick of people bringing up taxes when talking about fighter pay. If any of you bum kids had a job, you would realize everybody pays fucking taxes on their income.
Yeah, and stay off my front lawn!! Lol

Dana "festering boil" White was so mad after that I bet hahaha.

Someone shoop Maycee onto the boat please
lGi1a4F.gif

Title had me thinking you were going one way...

Then I read the first sentence and <{ByeHomer}>

Meanwhile Donald got paid to do nothing but be conors dummy bag

Back