Roxy getting 60k for a performance like that is filth

Sick of people bringing up taxes when talking about fighter pay. If any of you bum kids had a job, you would realize everybody pays fucking taxes on their income.

Unless your Trump or Wesley Snipes

Vegas ho's gotta put food on the table. Bonus for Conor supports the economy.

Roxy's lucky she gets paid since she's no needlemover.

Dana was probably angling for a title shot for Barber after the Roxy fight so he's probably salty and bitter as hell. Roxanne had the best performance of the night relative to ability and what was supposed to happen. Conor vs Cowboy and Macy vs Roxanne were supposed to look very similarly, Conor merely did what he was expected to do, Roxanne showed up, didn't choke like Cowboy did, and put on the best performance of her career.

Hope someone on her team bet heavily on her to win. Those odds were a joke, she'd make more that way.

yeah I dont understand giving the highest paid fighters on cards a bonus... they earn more than enough, let one of the undercard guys/girls get one
They’ll add it to the promo, 19 performance bonuses etc etc

Super pathetic tho, 60k is literally nothing for Connor at this point, and after taxes etc he takes like 30k home which is fookin nothing ! The guy made 750 mill last night

Aleksei Oleinik received a fight of the night bonus for a rather sloppy performance against not exactly a terrible HW but a rather green HW
Rather green? {<huh}
He was full Greene

And WMMA sucks ass. Fight was horrible. She's a veteran who couldn't finish a 1 leg rookie over 10 minutes. Lucky to still be granted the luxury of stealing a man's payroll space.

That card was so bad this was probably fight of the night.

In this order are who deserved it.

Conor. Brilliant performance. Im no nuthugger btw.

Drew Dober. Again killed it.

Roxy dominated the hype train.

Claiming conor should not get it defies the point of the bonus imo

Uncle fester gives Conor the 60k bonus which he would probably blow in a night on cocaine and hookers, where Roxy clears 60k for her entire performance which was one of the most impressive of the entire night.

Aleksei Oleinik received a fight of the night bonus for a rather sloppy performance against not exactly a terrible HW but a rather green HW who was coming off a loss which saw both guys heavily gas & swing wildly. I rate Oleinik as a fighter and always root for old man strength, it wasn't a terrible performance by no means but I was expecting him to get through Greene a bit easier than that.

Roxy dominated an opponent with a lot of hype who was expected to crush her within a few rounds. Roxy made 60k for her effort. After taxes, camp/coach fees, sparring partners and so forth she'd be lucky to clear half of that. I understand that womens MMA is not that popular but I feel she has somewhat of a name recognition being a vet who was on TUF, is now a 7 fight UFC vet with a respectable victories and has some highlight reel weigh ins.
No one outside of her friends and family ever bought a card because she was on it .WMMA talent pool is really shallow.

No one outside of her friends and family ever bought a card because she was on it .WMMA talent pool is really shallow.

I don't recall her ever being on a main card that wasn't free

Women have special rights there is no equality.

It was clear from Dana's interview that he didn't give a shit about Roxy. Started making up excuses about how the fight would've gone differently without the injury.

Roxy was lighting Barber up on the feet and then controlled her easily on the ground once she took her down with ease. Nothing in round 1 gave any indication that Barber was on Roxy's level in any area of the fight.

The big bald goof can say whatever he pleases, but most likely it would've have been more of round 1 even if Barber's knee hadn't given out in the 2nd.

Roxy went off script, she was supposed to lose to Maycee who they were hyping the fuck up. They weren't gonna bonus her for that.

Yeah, he also downplayed the win by saying Roxy wont be getting a top 5 fight next. She's number 8 so it isn't absurd to get a top 5, but I'm guessing Dana doesn't think Roxy is good for tv. Very awkward looking and non-athletic with a smothering style, plus she just dominated someone who Dana considered a cash cow.

Antonina, Barber, Andrea Lee. They should have her fight PVZ next. Let her kill off all the attractive female prospects with hype trains.

I agree.

Fighter pay in MMA is a running joke.

Royce made that same figure 20 some odd years ago. Even back then, the pay should have been more.

Most people were expecting Conor to beat Cowboy, most people were expecting Maycee to beat Roxy. World of difference.
That doesn't matter. Once again, Conor deserved a bonus more than Roxanne. A much more flawless performance against a proven fighter. Maycee was a huge favourite but she hasn't accomplished anything yet.

Back