Roxanne: TUF's Most Likable Fighter?

Roxanne is definitely very likable. She's pretty unique as well.

Dylan Andrews was cool and had some awesome fights including that huge comeback against Abedi.

No the people I watched it with agreed. She is obsessed with Japanese culture.

I don't hear it. But even if there is a slight accent, it's because she's lived in Japan for eight years. Generally if you live in a place for that long you pick up some mannerisms.

Thanks for the love, guys. (most of you lol)

I don't have a Japanese accent! LOL I spoke English every day at work.

I did pick up mannerisms, though. Like constantly nodding my head and making hand motions. -_- I'm trying to break that...

Thanks so much for being one of the few people on here who is mentally and emotionally tough enough to post on here. The vast majority of Sherdoggers have a much higher opinion of you than before simply for that.

So when it comes to WMMA fighters, do you think any are going to come along in the near future who are athletic enough and good enough as grapplers to be able to deal with Ronda Rousey and be able to neutralize her? If that is gonna happen in the near future or ever? And if so, which WMMA fighters do you think will be able to do that?

I did pick up mannerisms, though. Like constantly nodding my head and making hand motions. -_- I'm trying to break that...

WOW, Roxanne was here! Sherdog Rejoice! :icon_lol:

Roxy you are awesome!

Nah it's Kelvin for me. That guy is the ultimate underdog. Roxanne is cool though. She is the type of person you will always have a fun time with.
Ultimate underdog? It's a house full of newbies that have proved NOTHING, which is why they are there to begin with.

I'm not afraid to admit this and I'm not saying it just b/c Roxi posts here, but I literally got a few tears in my eyes when she was laying there crying/yelling/mad. I also got a slightly salty discharge in my eyes when her and Shayna were talking/hugging. I'm sure it's a mixture of emotions b/c the early women probably went through a lot of crap for little to no money and now these bigger younger athletes are coming in and reaping the rewards, money, publicity, etc. It's the nature of all business and life but hard to accept for anyone.

Many of the people closest to me are not native English speakers, so, over time, whether talking or tutoring, I have made an effort to speak more clearly and use more standard English (in many cases, American idiomatic speech can be misunderstood by others). The best way is to be clear and thoughtful :)

Yea, you're definitely animated. :) I noticed the same thing with a few friends (not all of them) that went over to Asia to teach as well.

Anyway, thanks for being nice & human on the show. Best of luck in training in Vegas.

Most likable fighters on the show:

Gray Maynard
Jon Brookins
Amir Sadollah
Big Baby
Mike Cheisa
Roxanne Modafferri
KenFlo

Least likable
Tony Ferguson
Shayna Baeszler
Junie Browning
Gabe Ruediger
Norman Paraisy
The Armenian guy on TUF 12
Andy Wang
The guy on Season 3 who left coz of his whore girlfriend
The guys who were kicked off in Seasons 4 and 5
Bobby Southworth
Dustin Neace and Corrassani
Jason Pierce
And I am sure I am missing some others

Throw some Brimmage in the first list and I'm with you.

Also the Armenian guy I think you mean is Sevak. Dude was a fucking psycho.

If you haven't noticed that there's something very japaneseque with the way she speaks and her body lanuage your must be deaf and blind.

wrong, he probably isnt familiar with japanese lifestyle and society, i dont notice anything jnesque on roxy either but i guess thats because i cant notice those small things that could be attached to her from japan, she doesnt have raised eyebrows thats all i noticed

Back