Roxanne: TUF's Most Likable Fighter?

AppliedScience

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
While many "characters" on TUF have been tolerable (if that), Roxanne was the show's most likable fighter and it is not even close.

Kelvin was much more likable, as was Chiesa, and Sicilia (sp?)

She is very likable. I felt for her getting finished like that and likely ending her UFC shot. Maybe she fights in the finale but other than shooting for submissions I thought she looked overmatched

Shes extremely likeable and she's an OG in wmma... big fan

I find it irritating that she tries to speak English like she has a Japanese accent.

I find it irritating that she tries to speak English like she has a Japanese accent.

Um, no, she really doesn't. But it wouldn't shock me after living in a foreign country for so long if she picked up certain aspects of the way they talked. My wife and I lived in Canada for nearly 4 years for college and when we came home we apparently spoke with a weird Canadian accent.

So far, Roxy and Cory are my two favorite personalities in the house. Even though she looked terrible, I felt bad when she lost. I think because of her popularity the UFC will probably give her another shot to get in.

If you live somewhere for a decade, you will pick up speech mannerisms from there.

Thanks for that tips..............I get that. She seems to force it though and obviously is obsessed with Japanese culture. Maybe cause everything is easier there including competition.

Chiesa+Sicilia, Brookins, Lauzon ("nerdy internet kid"), AMIR SADOLLAH<<<<, Bader came off really well (was patient with Junie Browning somehow), Ross Pearson, Big Baby, Abe Wagner, a lot of the TUF 10 Heavyweights were gentle giants (probably why it sucked), Court McGee was a great guy, most of the TUF 11 guys were cool actually, Al, Kelvin...that's all I got right now.

Roxanne ranks top 5 most likeable i'd say. But Chiesa, Brookins, Sadollah are locks for the top 3.

Thanks for that tips..............I get that. She seems to force it though and obviously is obsessed with Japanese culture. Maybe cause everything is easier there including competition.

Or maybe she's just an old fighter? All these Pride guys coming over and losing, fuck Japan. She's been in WMMA for 10 years. Until 4 years ago, the basically was no WMMA outside of Japan. So what the fuck are you talking about?

Roxanne has fought some of the best WMMA fighters out there..she has even defeated Marloes Coenen and Tara LaRosa. The japanese girls she fought arent slouches either.

I havent watched any of this TUF but i've always liked Roxanne. She is so old school that it can be argued that she's probably out of her prime by now.

Roxanne pretty much retired Jennifer Howe. Beat her two times..only two losses of Howe's career.

Most likable fighters on the show:

Gray Maynard
Jon Brookins
Amir Sadollah
Big Baby
Mike Cheisa
Roxanne Modafferri
KenFlo

Least likable
Tony Ferguson
Shayna Baeszler
Junie Browning
Gabe Ruediger
Norman Paraisy
The Armenian guy on TUF 12
Andy Wang
The guy on Season 3 who left coz of his whore girlfriend
The guys who were kicked off in Seasons 4 and 5
Bobby Southworth
Dustin Neace and Corrassani
Jason Pierce
And I am sure I am missing some others

^ Like Forrest Griffin? On the top of the 2nd list?

Back