Roxanne Modafferi on "How to succeed in MMA"

With Hardcore training!

roxy-and-rhyanna-pose-in-cage2.jpg

her opponent is several weight classes below. she'll smash her

Or because her TUF training partners have said that she complained if people went too hard with her, and her female training partners openly didn't want to train with her.

People are always going to talk shit post hoc. I've seen her at the gym. EVERYONE during training has times where they say "Hey buddy, tone it down." That's neither here nor there.

Your insinuation she doesn't train hard or spar appropriately would have more weight if you actually were present for the training sessions. I see the training and sparring sessions. She is harder on herself than most. She does ask a BILLION questions during technique drills though. I'm sure that soured people she has/does/will work with.

One of the best in her early career. think somebody linked to when she was ranked #1 p4p by a few places before.

Alas, the Happy warrior has 28 fights and has been fighting for 11 years, training for longer, and we all know a lot of men don't have the body longetivity for almost 30 fights in 11 years.

Always has my support.

Yea. It was also nice to see someone on TUF who had a personality and didn't come off as a douchebag, despite the editing.

She also posts on here occasionally, which is cool.

what about her body type?

She hasn't evolved. She's something of a WMMA pioneer, but the game changed, she didn't.

Lot of respect for her, but I think if you're going to give advice on succeeding in ANYTHING, you first need to do so.

May as well have the old Shamwow guy tell us how to succeed as an actor.

I think her accomplishments deserve a little more respect than a comparison to the ShamWow guy...

It wouldn't be out of place to compare her to, say, Jerry Bohlander or maybe even Guy Mezger in terms of a male counterpart for MMA.

Vince from ShamWow would be more like Teila Tuli or something.

People are always going to talk shit post hoc. I've seen her at the gym. EVERYONE during training has times where they say "Hey buddy, tone it down." That's neither here nor there.

Your insinuation she doesn't train hard or spar appropriately would have more weight if you actually were present for the training sessions. I see the training and sparring sessions. She is harder on herself than most. She does ask a BILLION questions during technique drills though. I'm sure that soured people she has/does/will work with.

If you're going to be a dickhead over that you have no place whatsoever in a gym, how dare a person ask questions to ensure they fully understand a position/technique.

If you're going to be a dickhead over that you have no place whatsoever in a gym, how dare a person ask questions to ensure they fully understand a position/technique.

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm get into the guy and talk to me about it. Maybe during lunch with Roxanne? My very clear point was that I could see that it may bother some people. I say so because some are more see-and-repeat learners. Roxanne is more of a "Let's dissect how it works" person.

But bottom line is, you're defending nothing. You don't know what you're talking about.

big_lebowski_04_bowling-300x168.jpg

poor Cyantist was an innocent bystander in MilesAbove's shoot out with EndlessCritic ..

Miles, I don't think Cyantist is calling you a dick head... I believe he is generally speaking if someone has a problem with others asking questions...they don't belong in a gym.

Roxanne reminds me of like a female Horowich (not personality, but fighting style).

Yea. It was also nice to see someone on TUF who had a personality and didn't come off as a douchebag, despite the editing.

She also posts on here occasionally, which is cool.

What's her name on here? Also was she cut from the ufc after the ultimate fighter finale?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawn_bogart
Back