Roxanne Modafferi is my spirit animal

BownArrow

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I wish I could just transplant some of her positivity and fighting spirit into my brain and be happy forever. Man I hope she ends up winning a string of fights and getting a contract!! I liked Jessica Rakoczy anyway, but now I am sincerely rooting for her because I don't want Roxanne's loss to be for nothing.

yea I really dig her attitude
never really paid attention to her before but Im gonna be rooting for her now

I would take Roxiloft ER if it came in a pill form.

My animal spirit is a liger.

I wonder if she's going to be on the finale. She moved to Vegas to train full time after the show.

I love her and will root for her to win in any fight... but I think she should quit and do something else with her life.

She is a pioneer, no question, but she can not compete with the upper level fighters in this sport.

Roxy, please prove me wrong.

She seems super cool, but her stand up and Cardio just seemed shocking for a vet.

Looked like a good grappler but a bit undersized.

Roxanne! keep your hands up and tight
Roxanne! keep your hands up and tight

Her kicks looked very 'strip-mall TKD'. I hope she worked on her stand up after the show.

Also did anyone else notice DW unable to stop himself from smiling when he looked at Roxanne during the fight intro? Usually he wants to be pissed off, but he looked at Roxanne and smiled. I have video proof.

I dont think shes always happy but she has magnificent spirit. I tell you guys that fighting is not her only thing we can see in this sport, i really believe this woman can show more.

I could swear that she impacted my life only through tv-screen. After watching her fighting episode i think i became a better person, i really do

So, thanks Roxanne WE LOVE YOU

She also posted here earlier with nickname rox22 i think, go to her profile and leave a nice message i am sure she will appreciate it and be happy about it

I dont think shes always happy but she has magnificent spirit. I tell you guys that fighting is not her only thing we can see in this sport, i really believe this woman can show more.

I could swear that she impacted my life only through tv-screen. After watching her fighting episode i think i became a better person, i really do

So, thanks Roxanne WE LOVE YOU

I know it sounds cheesy, but every time I saw her on the tv-screen I couldn't help but smile. Definitely sucked that she lost; I expected more from her.

She has a wonderful character and I'm sure that once she's done with MMA, there'll be plenty of other opportunities.

This is the first time in a long time that there was someone on TUF that I genuinely liked and I actually felt something when they lost.

Poor Roxy.. :(

She might get a wild card seeing as so many people like(d) her.

I agree that Roxy is/was too small for this weight class

Her kicks looked very 'strip-mall TKD'. I hope she worked on her stand up after the show.

Yea she threw the first kick and I knew this fight was over. Worst stand-up i've seen on the show ever. Seriously, I kicked better when I earned my yellow belt at 7 years of age. hah

No, but seriously, according to Josh Hill, she didn't want to train hard in the house either- always asking people to lower their intensity, and never really pushed herself.

Hope she gets some recognition from this show, and makes enough money to get proper training. She's going to have to get a different mind-set as well. She needs to leave her 'save the world' attitude outside the cage.

Didn't she say that she stopped karate or something because she didn't like hitting people? And picked up BJJ instead?

That's not going to cut it. Jessica seems like a lovely woman as well, but she has no problems smashing people in the face.

Got a chance to hang out with Roxy. She's a real sweet and sincere person. Not only that, but she's been around since 2003... that's almost unprecedented for WMMA.

Fantastic woman and I hope she continues at the UFC for both her sake and the organization's.

Edit: and to to post above. I can't speak to her training before now, but her work at Syndicate seems sincere. There's no telling if a fighter still has that full fighting spirit after doing it for so long... but he's putting in the work.

Last edited:
Roxanne-Modafferi-TUF-18.jpg

Back