'Rowdy' Roddy Piper Dies at 61

just watched the wife swap with rick flair and roddy,i don't know when it was filmed but hot rod looked and moved like he was in his 70s.it was heartbreaking to see to be honest.

not to be morbid, but our heroes of MMA are getting up in age and i have this feeling we're going to see some legends also dying under similar circumstances.

i bought a hot rod t shirt in his memory yesterday
No doubt.

But strange as it sounds, professional wrestling in the 80's/90's takes a much higher toll.

Fake may make it seem like it takes no toll, but they often performed 300 shows a year, even if injured, which is ridiculous.

They also molested their bodies with drastic substance abuse NOT steroid related.

Bret Hart's book was one of the best reads ever. Piper was well liked and respected by EVERYONE

no one mentions how screwed up their body clocks are from jumping time zones so much. much like shift workers they're so screwed up,when they stop they just die.

Was never a big fan of Piper but he put Bret Hart over huge at Wrestlemania 8 and for that I've always respected him. RIP Hot Rod.

Steroids and strenuous abuse on the body takes its toll

Wrestling year round isnt a great idea

not to mention pounds of coke. well documented.

RIP Hot Rod

Bitches called me Hot Rod when I was 7 bro

No doubt.

But strange as it sounds, professional wrestling in the 80's/90's takes a much higher toll.

Fake may make it seem like it takes no toll, but they often performed 300 shows a year, even if injured, which is ridiculous.

They also molested their bodies with drastic substance abuse NOT steroid related.

Bret Hart's book was one of the best reads ever. Piper was well liked and respected by EVERYONE

Not quite everyone. Bad News Allen/Brown didn't like him.

Raw just started off with a great Rod tribute...so sad

It's crazy how many pro wrestlers die young. What a tough business.

Back