routine critiquezees

I was leaning towards 2 days.

Also if you're doing 5x5 with working sets ...ie those dont include warm up sets(some people pyramid including warm up sets)....then 3 exercises with 5x5....at about 80% of 1rm or 85-90% of 5rm then that might be a bit too much imo....If you're going for volume then i would only do so for 1st exercise and keep assistance or exercises of lesser priority to lower volume and/or intensity. Keep in mind that realistically you will be limited to only few exercises at most at which you'll likely improve the most or at all beyond initial adaptation due to prioritization involved as well as what you're genetically predisposed to. My advice is to work at the biggest exercises at which you are the worst because you'll likely improve your strength levels more by strengthening weaknesses than by improving upon your strengths...

i would also limit myself to only 1 exercise for a particular motion...so pick either dips or bench...remember that you have the freedom to vary your training and periodization is your friend....

I would not do deadlifts as primary exercise every week ...

so if I understand you right... then if I keep my 3-day routine I would want to do dips and front squats for maybe only like 2 sets and on my deadlift I would only go hard on it like every other week or something? If I misunderstood then let me know thanks...

if u keep your routine ...i'd either do bench or weighted dips on day 1 for example...

if you deadlift weekly then yea you would probably only go heavy once every two or three weeks and the rest of the time either do lighter versions or do olympic lifts...

also if u got mma, college, etc..i'd cut the lifting to 2 days and perhaps do conditioning related stuff on 3rd day if anything....burpees and such...

if u keep your routine ...i'd either do bench or weighted dips on day 1 for example...

if you deadlift weekly then yea you would probably only go heavy once every two or three weeks and the rest of the time either do lighter versions or do olympic lifts...

also if u got mma, college, etc..i'd cut the lifting to 2 days and perhaps do conditioning related stuff on 3rd day if anything....burpees and such...

so maybe more like
Day 1:
Clean Variation
Squat
Bench
BOR

Day 2:
Deadlift
PP
Pull Ups

Day 3:
Turkish get-ups, burpees, and what not?

e.g.

Day 1:
Squat Variation
Horizontal Push Variation
Horizontal Pull Variation

Day 2:
Deadlift/Cleans/Snatch
Vertical Press Variation
Vertical Pull variation

Day 3:
Turkish get-ups, burpees, mountain climbers, hindu squats, overhead squats, sledge hammering tire, etc...

You may also want to consider some repetition effort sets in your training...especially in your later assistance/lesser prioritized exercises...

ok.. yeah I really like that one so I think I will use it... thanks a lot for the posts devil, took a lot of time out for me so thank you...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back