Media Rousimar Palhares teaches Jason "Mayhem" Miller there's levels to these things...

If I was to bet on a grappling match between the two, I'd obviously pick Palhares. I'm still surprised at how lopsided that was, though, given how well Mayhem's grappling held up against Jacare and Shields.

That's easy for me to believe. I'm inclined to think that the video in OP was not Mayhem's best roll.
I doubt that mayhem could hold his own againt paul in a grapping matching, if you watch mayhem ever really tapped and paul never really cranked on that armbar, he was going easy on him. Paul is first of all way better at bjj that mayhem but hes also gotta be a lot stronger than mayhem. I dont see him coming out on top with that roll lol

Natty bless
29b27ix.gif

Even more natty now
rous.jpeg

This guy was so skilled and subbed Fitch and Shields in WSOF. I would have loved to see this guy fight Maia.
Damm. How did that fight never happen? It would have been a better version of Shields vs Maia imo

This guy was so skilled and subbed Fitch and Shields in WSOF. I would have loved to see this guy fight Maia.

Askren is lucky Palhres wasn't in Bellator or One. Ben would've been exposed and had his first loss (including maybe a loss of limb) much earlier.

Damm. How did that fight never happen? It would have been a better version of Shields vs Maia imo
It could have happened eventually but... Poor Mike Pierce only fought once again after this.
palhares_zpsaws30wiq.gif

Jason Miller is one of the few guys who lived up to his nickname in real life.

And then Palhares ran into Belcher.

Palhares tried multiple attempts at leglocks but Belcher don't play that BS.

Alan+Belcher+Pounds+Rousimar+Palhares+-+UFC+on+Fox+3-cut.gif

Yeah, Palhares didn't have as much success at MW, that's why he moved down. Nate Marquadt did something similar...though it was more controversial as Palhares stopped fighting at one point and Nate kept punching him. I can't say I shed any tears for Palhares, though, the way he held onto subs too long. Hendo beat him, too...though Dan was cautious and it wasn't a very exciting fight. Hector Lombard forced Palhares to stand and KO'd him. As for Belcher, it's pretty much a scientific fact that leglocks don't work on guys with Johnny Cash tattoos.

At WW Palhares was pretty beastly, though. I think prime Hendricks would do the same thing Lombard did. And GSP would also keep it standing and jab him to a slow death (similar to the Kos rematch). But he was a dangerous fight for anyone.

Yeah, Palhares didn't have as much success at MW, that's why he moved down. Nate Marquadt did something similar...though it was more controversial as Palhares stopped fighting at one point and Nate kept punching him. I can't say I shed any tears for Palhares, though, the way he held onto subs too long. Hendo beat him, too...though Dan was cautious and it wasn't a very exciting fight. Hector Lombard forced Palhares to stand and KO'd him.

As for Belcher, it's pretty much a scientific fact that leglocks don't work on guys with Johnny Cash tattoos.
That makes about as much sense as any other reason belcher was able to do to him what he did lol

seriously though, paul must have had an off night or something.

There was a Sherdog version of this video, I remember Mayhem doing good in that one
i'm pretty sure this is the sherdog version of it.

there's another clip of mayhem at BTT rolling with milton vieira. he gets choked in that one.

Always a pleasure to see big mouth get shut up.

Back