Rousimar Palhares' open letter to Jake Shields before World Series of Fighting 22

Frank23

Enter Sandman Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
In an exclusive open letter penned with Shields’ comments in mind, Palhares said he’s looking forward to teaching Shields a lesson.

“Hey Jake? How are you? My manager, Alex Davis told me about and translated what you said to MMAjunkie about me, how I am a monster, how you are going to hurt me and so forth. I don’t know how you come to think in this way about me considering we have never even actually met. But I get it – you want to make yourself the hero who submits the bad guy! No hard feelings. You need to justify yourself, and you should certainly talk it up now, because after the fight, I guess there won’t be much that you will want to talk about!

“And listen, if I do end up hurting you, it won’t be because I hate you. It’s just because this is MMA, and people don’t tap – like you probably won’t – until they are hurt! So guess what? I’ll give you a rematch in Metamoris if they will have us, and you can try again to defend my ankle and leg locks.

“Different then you, I have nothing bad to say about you. I will come into this fight, as I come into all of them, with respect for my opponent and wanting to win as fast and as definitively as I can. I look forward to seeing you Jake, and shaking your hand – or rather your foot!”

Read more:http://mmajunkie.com/2015/05/rousim...ds-talk-now-because-youre-running-out-of-time

World Series of Fighting welterweight champion Rousimar Palhares wrote an open letter to Jake Shields before their WSOF 22 fight on mmajunkie.com. It's an interesting read. What is your reaction?

20150731052333_1DX_5599.JPG

Rousimar Palhares MMA Stats, Pictures, News, Videos, Biography - Sherdog.com

Jake Shields MMA Stats, Pictures, News, Videos, Biography - Sherdog.com

I thought Rousimar couldn't read or write.

Sounds like a fine upstanding gentleman, IMO.

Ya that sounds like something he wrote, for sure

Yup

He just wrote a new letter too. Below:

"Dear Jake, how are you? About taking my limb and breaking it? Yeah, no."

Ya that sounds like something he wrote, for sure

Yup

I guess imagining that somebody sat down with him and wrote down his thoughts is a little too difficult for you. Yup.

It reads like a modern day WWE promo.:eek:

I guarantee Palhares didn't write that hahah

Once again I'm looking forward to metamoris. Well if they book this fight

Dude on the left, definitely like what Jake brings to the table.

look another frank 23 paul harris white knight thread... troll or moron? your guess is as good as mine

what he really said : Paul crush! PAUL CRUSH! What is heferee i dont know what is referee?

it really sucks cos the guy is so much fun to watch,but there is just no fucking call for hurting a guy after he tapped.

Back