Rousey's Carl's Jr/Hardees Ad

It's not her fault, they gave her a bad sandwich. Sausage is very unappealing looking and they use those fluffy fake looking eggs.

Jack In The Box makes A level breakfast sandwiches using real fried eggs. Carl's Jr has them beat on burgers however.

Ronda says she has the best butt in MMA?

2B155B0800000578-3185216-Playing_tourist_Ronda_flashed_her_lacy_black_bra_in_a_backless_b-a-2_1438780381701.jpg

2B2FF05800000578-3189624-image-a-44_1438968906761.jpg

Wow that is a tragedy. No wonder they don't show any shots from the rear.

Where did I complain about Rousey's decision to do this commercial? She has every right to express her sexuality. My criticisms were toward the unimaginative work of the ad agency.

In short, Eh pretty disappointed you can't read.

Same, actually. I don't mind her being sexual, I just found the ad boring. I also didn't think she looked very flattering here, something was off with her makeup.

Eh, pretty disappointed that Hardees wasn't smart enough to use this opportunity to poke fun at themselves. They're known for these sort of over-sexualized commercials. Would have been nice if their ad team was able to use Rousey's anti-DNB attitude to make a more empowering commercial for women. But, whatever, their job is to sell burgers I guess.

You sound like a bitchy SJW with this post. I'm going to empower myself by telling you to piss off.

Amazing to me that people are shitting on MMA getting mainstream coverage. Do we really not want better fighter pay and A-level athletes? And for all the Reebok deal haters - hey look a fighter got a sponsor and got paid. It's possible.

People have literally been using this bullshit argument for years and years. Just gtfo with this shit.
They only pay who they wanna pay. They only promote who they wanna promote. This Reebok deal had to have been one of the most "mainstream" things to happen for the UFC... fighters are making LESS money after that shit.
The biggest "Reebok deal haters" are fighters.
And what the hell does Wanda (who Zuffa chose to promote and pay well) getting a Carl's cmmercial have to do with other fighters losing money that they were getting? If you're not a paid shill, why the hell did you even write this?

image21.jpg

That sandwich looks fucking gross.

It's unimaginative with Rousey. Is this difficult to understand? The previous ads worked and worked well for Carl's Jr. They are known for that specific ad approach with new faces rotated in. This was an easy opportunity to play off of their own success and instead they were lazy, and, as I said, unimaginative.

If you think this ad couldn't have easily been made better, and made them a lot more money in the process, then you are absolutely clueless. The amount of press they and Ronda would have gotten for a "breaking the mold" ad that plays off CJ's own history would have worked fantastic on many different levels. This was nothing short of lazy.

While I see your point, in all fairness, had they done that they might have damaged their image in the future. How could they go back from that? If they acknowledge that their commercials are too sexualized, which I believe they are, then they look like hypocrites from here on out. So the next ad would be the usual model in a bikini eating and people would say what happened to the progress? It just wasn't a feasible approach for them at all.

Back