Rousey won an olympic medal?

RespectIsEarned

Real life Brown belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The looser of a medal match gets a medal? No doubt she is the wmma champ. Can anyone explain this?

4Th place? Spelling doesn't matter. Few of us have a common language. Let alone spelling.

The looser of a medal match gets a medal? No doubt she is the wmma champ. Can anyone explain this?

She never lost a metal match.

As it turns out in Judo (and boxing IIRC) if you are defeated you go into one of two consolation brackets (some who lose in rd 1 dont go to this bracket) and the winners of each if these two brackets are awarded a bronze metal. IIRC Ronda lost in the quarter finals then won 2 or 3 matches to get the bronze metal. BUT the other bronze metalist was the women who defeated her in the gold bracket.

Explain please how you can not win and get a medal. In the Olympics

Good god, not sure if drunk or trolling.

But anyways Ronda is technically T3rd in the 2008 70 KG womens olympics which won her the bronze. The runner up got silver and the winner got gold.

Had this been a standard single elimination tourny that we are used two Ronda would have been T5 and not gotten a metal fight after losing in the quarter finals.

Paying off the mods is the only thing stopping you from being banned. You are a sad troll with nothing better to do

You know, some people don't get the golden medal at the Olympics. And they are exactly people who don't win all the matches but still get some lower-grade medal. In the Olympics.

The Bracket looked like this. Ronda loses a quarterfinal match and it takes away her chance to win gold, but she goes to bronze medal bracket with all the other "gold medal bracket" losers, wins all the matches there and wins the bronze - the ultimate consolation prize in those system.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judo_at_the_2008_Summer_Olympics_–_Women's_70_kg

Good god, not sure if drunk or trolling.

But anyways Ronda is technically T3rd in the 2008 70 KG womens olympics which won her the bronze. The runner up got silver and the winner got gold.

Had this been a standard single elimination tourny that we are used two Ronda would have been T5 and not gotten a metal fight after losing in the quarter finals.

Thanks - Interesting stuff. I had assumed she won a bronze medal match like in submission wrestling.

Even though an Olympic medal is considered a greater athletic achievement by some I still find it pointless to mention it to introduce someone that is a UFC champion. Even if it was gold it still wouldn't make any sense to me. Lets keep the introductions sport specific please.

Wikipedia said:
The tournament bracket consisted of a single-elimination contest culminating in a gold medal match. There was also a repechage to determine the winners of the two bronze medals. Each judoka who had lost to a semifinalist competed in the repechage. The two judokas who lost in the semifinals faced the winner of the opposite half of the bracket's repechage in bronze medal bouts.

You're a simultaneous blue/brown belt and you don't know how tournament brackets work? Even in BJJ tournaments the semifinal losers get bronze medals.

Paying off the mods is the only thing stopping you from being banned. You are a sad troll with nothing better to do

Are you accusing the mods for accepting bribes? That's worse than a ban imo. Sherdog lawyers would like to have a word with you.

Slightly off topic, but I have no idea why they structure the sport in a way where they give out two bronze medals. It devalues the achievement. Sports which are far tougher to even win a medal only give out bronze if they tie

Please explain how you can lose your way to become the first contender at 205.
Please explain how you can lose a fight and the next fight, fight for the title.

I hope your 3000+ other posts are as well thought out as this. Would make for riveting reading.

Are you accusing the mods for accepting bribes? That's worse than a ban imo. Sherdog lawyers would like to have a word with you.

No, I'm saying he donates to Sherdog, thus keeping him immune from the ban hammer and thus free to run his mouth

Back