Rousey vs Holm, Miesha vs Nunes, Correia vs Kaufman??

Karakal

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
As we all know Holm is the next in line to face Rousey, this leads the way to more interesting matchups.

Dana has openly said he was interested in a fight with Miesha Tate vs Amanda Nunes. Correia is also calling out Tate, who is being called out by Kaufman who is also calling out Tate who is not responding to neither Bethe, Sarah nor Amanda who are all calling her out (it's hard being Tate).

First of all, I want to highlight that Miesha Tate has always been the underdog, she was with Carmouche, and with Mcmann and with Eye, especially among sherdoggers.

Miesha's fighting style is similar to both that of Zingano and Davis. Just like the two, her bread and butter is the ground, just like them she can take a punch, and her physical strength is probably slightly more than Davis' and less than Zingano's (my opinion). Both those ladies have smashed Nunes via TKO, both those ladies were overpowered and smacked around in the first round, it is likely that this will happen again with Tate, who is pretty hard to get knocked out (pls dont reference me a fight 10 yrs ago by Young, it was a fluke and it was her second fight that day).

Can Nunes end up putting Cupcake away? Possibly, she could have also put Zingano away too but it didn't happen. I think Tate is just as durable as Zingano and will likely take a beating then finish the fight via TKO or a sub win. If Nunes wins, it will have to be within the first round. Nunes has reach advantage, she is a bigger girl, hits harder and physically stronger, but this was also the case with Davis and Zingano who both TKO'd her.

Bethe Correia wanting a fight with Tate or Kaufman, will likely get beat up by either. Id be more interested in seeing Cat Zingano vs Miesha Tate 2 and Kaufman vs Nunes, if they put those on the same card with Ronda Rousey and add second title defence between Joanna vs Claudia, I think this will be a big card for the fans and much more exposure to WMMA overall.

The idea of an all women's fight card is terrible. The standard of WMMA is nowhere near the mens.

Apart from rousey and JoJed, the other fights should be on the prelims at best

The idea of an all women's fight card is terrible. The standard of WMMA is nowhere near the mens.

unfortunately for you it doesn't work that way. It works with popularity and not standards, and just like me you also mentioned rousey and jojed, them on the same card and add Miesha who is also a crowd puller, it means it will have some hype so I guess you shot yourself on the foot there bro

Its 2015, time to grow up

It works with popularity, ok. Who are all these popular female fighters that sell so many PPVs?

It works both with popularity and standards. That is why UFC 100 was a great success. People tuned in for the first time and got to experience something awesome.
If they get really hyped up for an event and it sucks, it can be really negative.
Of course there is always a chance an all male card sucks as well, and not all female fights suck. But they are at a lower standard, and because of this there is a risk.

I'd think it would be a better idea to hype up an "UFC presents Invicta"-card or something like that if they want an all WMMA-card associated with the UFC, with UFC-fighters on it. Then fans of "W"MMA would tune in, and it would gain attention from newer fans as well. And if they don't like it, at least it's not a "normal" UFC card.

EDIT: Would like to mention that I would most likely watch that card, and am not "against" WMMA. I do not think it would be horrible with an all female UFC card, but it might be risky is all.

I misread the title and thought it said Correia vs Kampmann :laugh:

"First of all, I want to highlight that Miesha Tate has always been the underdog, she was with Carmouche, and with Mcmann and with Eye, especially among sherdoggers"

Wasn't Tate a betting favorite in all of these fights?

"First of all, I want to highlight that Miesha Tate has always been the underdog, she was with Carmouche, and with Mcmann and with Eye, especially among sherdoggers"

Wasn't Tate a betting favorite in all of these fights?

I mean by average fan, i said especially among sherdoggers. And no she was definitely the underdog with Mcmann in betting, not against Eye tho and I think pretty close with Carmouche

Hell no to Bethe ever being on another main card.

Yes to the rest.

I personally want to Bethe fight again, and against a top 10 girl to see where she really is. I honestly don't think that Bethe's fights against Duke/Baszler and Ronda answered any questions about where she is skill wise in this division. Baszler has no fight left in her, and Duke has no fight IQ, while Ronda is simply way above the entire division.

I would like to see Bethe fight Kaufman who is a solid striker, and would allow us to see Bethe's actual skill level with greater clarity. I have no doubt that Meisha would beat Bethe though.

I personally want to Bethe fight again, and against a top 10 girl to see where she really is. I honestly don't think that Bethe's fights against Duke/Baszler and Ronda answered any questions about where she is skill wise in this division. Baszler has no fight left in her, and Duke has no fight IQ, while Ronda is simply way above the entire division.

I would like to see Bethe fight Kaufman who is a solid striker, and would allow us to see Bethe's actual skill level with greater clarity. I have no doubt that Meisha would beat Bethe though.

Definitely agree with you man. But I would love to see Tate fight Bethe just for the entertaintment, plus I would love a convincing ass beating that would really drop Bethe to the b/mid tier list.

It works with popularity, ok. Who are all these popular female fighters that sell so many PPVs?

It works both with popularity and standards. That is why UFC 100 was a great success. People tuned in for the first time and got to experience something awesome.
If they get really hyped up for an event and it sucks, it can be really negative.
Of course there is always a chance an all male card sucks as well, and not all female fights suck. But they are at a lower standard, and because of this there is a risk.

I'd think it would be a better idea to hype up an "UFC presents Invicta"-card or something like that if they want an all WMMA-card associated with the UFC, with UFC-fighters on it. Then fans of "W"MMA would tune in, and it would gain attention from newer fans as well. And if they don't like it, at least it's not a "normal" UFC card.

EDIT: Would like to mention that I would most likely watch that card, and am not "against" WMMA. I do not think it would be horrible with an all female UFC card, but it might be risky is all.

sure but the fact is, the female cards I have mentioned are a big draw, have a look at any of those girls fights that I have mentioned and compare their recent fights to other UFC fights on mma-core, ronda rousey alone is one of the highest watched fights, miesha tate fights have been pretty damn high, nunes fight with cat was pretty high, jojed fights (especially last 2) have had very high views. On a sidenote I agree that there are many female fights that are really hard to watch.

Back