Rousey Vs Holm is first fight Rousey ever at disadvantage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will have too take a crash course in Holm fights. I've seen only some highlight reels. Not being able to finish girls that are not even top 10 does not tell a pretty story.

And so it begins: the nonsensical hype.

"I think she has a chance!"

No. She doesn't

Honda by domination

I remember when some were saying Bethe had a chance, and we laughed them off. :icon_twis

Holm has a better chance but it's still very very slim.
Only way i see it is if she goes all Condit/Diaz. Which is possible since she's at Jacksons.

I want to see one of these:

Holly_Holm_vs._Allanna_Jones.gif

I think Holm could take this, she trains at jacksons, is a much better striker, taller, longer and more battle tested, look for RRR to use her Judo and Subs in this one.

Cutting edge insight, I'd say.

Its not really in theory at this point.

Davis was out on her feet, the only reason she didn't do the stanky leg was because she got flipped and ground and pounded some.

ronda-rousey-ko-davis.gif

McMann was taken out by a liver shot knee.

Ronda_Rousey_vs._Sara_McMann_1.gif

Bethe got a gunshot wound to the earhole.

ronda-rousey-knockout-2.gif
I feel you. I think RR is at a disadvantage striking because her base is Judo, Holm at a disadvantage grappling because her base is striking. Kind of more what I meant but I still say RR by sub

Holm has good range and has a decent chance of keeping it on the feet for some period of time. How long that is I have no idea.

1 full round? Possible. 2 rounds? Unlikely, but not unimaginable. 3 rounds would be a stretch. Keeping it on the feet for 5 full rounds? I just don't see it.

The biggest problem that Holm has is that Rousey has killer power in the clinch. Her uppercuts, body hooks and knees are just nasty which means that you're trying to defend the take down while also trying to not get pulverized on the inside. Move your hips back and Rousey grabs your head and starts launching into you. Don't move your hips back and Rousey simply shifts her hips and tosses you into oblivion.

Without serious power behind her hands, Holm is going to have a real tough time keeping Rousey at distance. And those kicks she uses for distance? Yah, that's a really, really bad idea against Rousey. She'll just grab that leg or go for the planted leg and put Holm into orbit.

Holm is going to have to be near perfect to win a decision. Or just lucky as heck and land a head kick to the head without getting driven into the mat.

Last edited:
Great fighters lose and upsets happen. It's happened to most great fighters in this sport. And it will likely happen to Ronda as well. Holm has physical advantages over her (height, reach) and is a better striker. She won't instinctively try and grapple with Ronda like Tate did either. People act like RR is invincible which is stupid. She can be beaten. Do I favor Holm to win? No. But she has a chance and people who are complaining are stupid. I think she'll do better than people think.

Its not really in theory at this point.

Davis was out on her feet, the only reason she didn't do the stanky leg was because she got flipped and ground and pounded some.

ronda-rousey-ko-davis.gif

McMann was taken out by a liver shot knee.

Ronda_Rousey_vs._Sara_McMann_1.gif

Bethe got a gunshot wound to the earhole.

ronda-rousey-knockout-2.gif

I must have rewatched the final sequence in the Rousey/Bethe fight 100 times, and I still have trouble believing that arm-punch by Rousey could have possibly face-planted anyone.

I guess if a strike like that can end a fight, then anything is possible.

I must have rewatched the final sequence in the Rousey/Bethe fight 100 times, and I still have trouble believing that arm-punch by Rousey could have possibly face-planted anyone.

I guess if a strike like that can end a fight, then anything is possible.

Punching power comes from your hips, or as Rampage would say, punching power is in your ass. Its a pretty counter-intuitive thing. Watch Ronda turn her hips into that punch. Its that turn over of the hips and torso that produces all the power.

Punching power comes from your hips, or as Rampage would say, punching power is in your ass. Its a pretty counter-intuitive thing. Watch Ronda turn her hips into that punch. Its that turn over of the hips and torso that produces all the power.

Yup. Measure, plant, turn hips, rotate torso/shoulders, and follow through. It wasn't anything remotely close to an "arm punch".

With that placement and technique, she might not knock everyone out cold but she could definitely make most people see stars regardless of whether they're a man or woman. The difference between knocking someone down with a punch and shutting out the lights clean enough for a face plant is pretty significant.

Outside of a sneaky headkick ko, I just don't see it.

Fans have been panning Holm's UFC run for ages. But now, 'cause she's fighting Ronda, suddenly she's a threat.

Bah gawd.

Reneau and Pennington(for two rounds) were absolutely scared shitless of Holms and allowed her to dictace the pace/range. We already know Ronda won't allow that and will come forward full steam ahead.

Those gals were afraid of them feet whizzing infront of their face/body. Holm has good kicks from afar but I don't remember ever seeing her with any "no distance" kicks. Who ever realizes that can get and stay in the pocket with her and exchange fists. The ones who don't want to stay in the pocket and exchange with Holm will have to grapple and submit. I don't see H3 having too much of an issue fighting her way into the clinch where she can easily end the fight. I do not see her being one to stay in the pocket with Holm. Eye, de Randamie, Smith, maybe Davis might just stand and trade like that but Rowdy aint that good at boxing.

I like Holm's pre-UFC fights. She's boring in the UFC. Partly because she's being too cautions, and partly because these UFC chicks have been scared of her, being her fists or her feet. Ronda has way more to lose than Rocky and the lovely Marion Reneau and will not be scared of Holm. She's not going to give... one (1)... fuck.

Ronda has better power, and an uber ground game. Holm has no way to finish Ronda and cannot grapple with her. It's a cake walk for Ronda, Holm needed more time.

Have you watched Holm's UFC fights? Or do you just hear the "undefeated boxing champ" line the UFC is going to use constantly.

Ronda has far better striking than Holm.

And so it begins: the nonsensical hype.

"I think she has a chance!"

No. She doesn't

Honda by domination

I don't count out he think tank of Greg Jackson camp. I could see holly might jab and low kick to victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back