Rousey Vs Holm is first fight Rousey ever at disadvantage

Status
Not open for further replies.
No she really doesn't have a chance.

Holm doesn't really have fight ending power to threaten Ronda or to deter her from rushing in and throwing bombs like she did against Coreia. She might be a better overall striker but anyone who thinks this fight will be kept at a distance where Holm can pot shot her way to a decision victory is absolutely insane.

Ronda wins and wins impressively once again. Ronda by KO or SUB Round 1 depending on how she wants to take it. She might want to prove a point and KO the 'better striker' or just embarrass her by throwing her to the ground and ripping her arm off immediately.

I don't care if she trains at Jackson's that simply won't matter. How the hell is Holm more 'battle tested'? I can't believe people keep hyping Ronda's next opponent as the one to change things.

Holm has ZERO plausible paths to victory.

Your post is probably spot on. Ronda by whatever method she wants. Fans at some point are going to have to stop underestimating how much better Ronda has become since becoming the UFC champion. She has KO'ed 3 of her last 4 opponents. She doesn't have to arm bar people anymore if that isn't the plan.

If holm had world class grappling to go along with her boxing that she never uses, this might not end with Ronda victorious in the first 3 minutes.

Maybe...maybe at a disadvantage in the striking game. Yes RR has striking but IMO it's more in theory. Yes I seen the Bethe KO. Holm has been in there striking since day one. RR looks for takedowns first and foremost in most her fights. I believe Holm has the more grounded striking. IMO if RR looks to strike with HH, she will soon look for the takedown for the sub. And she'll get it too.

RR by sub

I don't know if someone has said this already but here it goes. Ronda is at such a disadvantage that she's a 12.5 to 1 favorite to win. Odds are:
Rousey: -1250
Holm: +825

Your post is probably spot on. Ronda by whatever method she wants. Fans at some point are going to have to stop underestimating how much better Ronda has become since becoming the UFC champion. She has KO'ed 3 of her last 4 opponents. She doesn't have to arm bar people anymore if that isn't the plan.

She actually murdered Correia, women don't generally land KO's like that, Holly Holm certainly isn't doing it, especially not with her hands.

If holm had world class grappling to go along with her boxing that she never uses, this might not end with Ronda victorious in the first 3 minutes.

I would never say Holm was a boxer by the way she fights in MMA. Even when she does use her hands it's basically a distraction with little power.

Ronda can literally run straight at Holm and KO her without much threat of Holm landing anything of significance on the inside. Holm's only chance would be to somehow lull Ronda to sleep keep her on the outside and manage to land a high kick KO. The odds of that are astoundingly low, much lower than the chances of previous competition imo.

And so it begins: the nonsensical hype.

"I think she has a chance!"

No. She doesn't

Honda by domination

That's called "Hater's Wishful Thinking Syndrome."

Anyone who fights the object of their hatred suddenly becomes the next hero of the day and has the right tools to expose and penetrate the ***** in the champion's armor.

Of course Dana and Zuffas wolf ticket marketing hype certainly doesn't help either considering how many impressionable kiddies here buy into all that fabricated rivalry hype and weigh-in theatrics.

Am I the only one that thinks Holm is Joe Riggs in a sports bra and wig?

They think Ronda has improved enough, and Holm is old enough, so that Ronda has acceptably low chance of losing this fight now. Congratulations?

That's called "Hater's Wishful Thinking Syndrome."

Anyone who fights the object of their hatred suddenly becomes the next hero of the day and has the right tools to expose and penetrate the ***** in the champion's armor.

Of course Dana and Zuffas wolf ticket marketing hype certainly doesn't help either considering how many impressionable kiddies here buy into all that fabricated rivalry hype and weigh-in theatrics.

I think half of it is wishful haters, the other half is honest fans who just don't get it ('it' being just how goddamn far Honda is ahead of the rest of WMMA, i.e. light years).

Holm was having major trouble closing the fight against Pennington, i dont see this fight going past the first round as every other RR fight, she will close the distance, get her hands on Holm, take it to the ground and be done with it.

Maybe...maybe at a disadvantage in the striking game. Yes RR has striking but IMO it's more in theory. Yes I seen the Bethe KO. Holm has been in there striking since day one. RR looks for takedowns first and foremost in most her fights. I believe Holm has the more grounded striking. IMO if RR looks to strike with HH, she will soon look for the takedown for the sub. And she'll get it too.

RR by sub

Its not really in theory at this point.

Davis was out on her feet, the only reason she didn't do the stanky leg was because she got flipped and ground and pounded some.

ronda-rousey-ko-davis.gif

McMann was taken out by a liver shot knee.

Ronda_Rousey_vs._Sara_McMann_1.gif

Bethe got a gunshot wound to the earhole.

ronda-rousey-knockout-2.gif

I don't know if someone has said this already but here it goes. Ronda is at such a disadvantage that she's a 12.5 to 1 favorite to win. Odds are:
Rousey: -1250
Holm: +825

padddy are still offering 1/10 and 6/1 rousey v tate :)

if tate is 6/1, holm is more like 12/1

the bookies need to figure out a way to get punters to back holm or they are just giving money away

you fucktards need to be IP banned :(
this is getting beyond ridiculous!

If you've seen Holm fight, there's not really an advantage. Yes she's gona land a few more punches if she can keep it standing, no it won't make much of a difference.

Holm gets steamrolled.. she needs 3-4 more fights with most being against grapplers.

Holm isn't a can, but Ronda will make her look like one and we all know it. This has a Weidman vs Belfort like feel to me, if Holm ends up anywhere but her feet she is screwed 6 ways from Sunday and in a hurry too.

For once Ronda's opponent will know how to jab and keep her distance.

You could be right but nothing surprises me with Ronda at this point. She has KO power in her hands and her knees now. I'm telling you if she hit Holm in the earhole with that same shot she hit Bethe with its nighty night.

McMann was kind of a bad ref call. I'm surprised Rousey couldn't/didn't take her down in the clinch.

I think Davis was worried about getting tossed (though she mighta gave Rousey a good floor fight) so Ronda kinda surprised Davis with the fists. Davis was out cold before Rousey flipped her. Rousey obviously has power.

Rousey didn't do too bad in the pocket with Bethe, though her boxing is still ugly, though improved. Again, she has power.

Rousey can KO Holm. I don't see her staying in the pocket. Maybe briefly before getting served and then she will blitz Holm with brawling and either sleep her or submit her.

I only see Holm winning this by fainted combo fists to a kick in the head. Holm needs to learn some new combo's that Rousey can't study.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back