Rousey swimming background ..

LOL! It is only useful as conditioning. Its not like breaststrokes will improve your punching power or speed. Swimming at that level is only useful for cardio, muscular endurance and mental toughness.

I would use Aldo's leg kicks and his soccer background to counter your argument.

I respect jones more than phelps and I don't even like jones.

Being the best fighter in the world > being the quickest swimmer in the world.

Sorry, kid. It's true and you know it.

World's tallest midget springs to mind with regards to geing "the best fighter in the world" in WMMA.

To be at the top of the field in an established, highly competitive sport like swimming unquestionably requires greater talent and skill than it takes to do what Ronda Rousey is doing. This is not even debatable.

Being the best fighter in the world > being the quickest swimmer in the world.

Sorry, kid. It's true and you know it.

Except Ronda isn't the best fighter in the world, she beats a small selection of barmaids and pole-dancers, that's it.

LOL! It is only useful as conditioning. Its not like breaststrokes will improve your punching power or speed. Swimming at that level is only useful for cardio, muscular endurance and mental toughness.

It was a pun. Her punches were wild, fish-out-of-water strokes.

by 2023 Female swimming projected to be top 3 sport in the world.

:rolleyes:

Being the best fighter in the world is better, and truly more competitive than being the fastest swimmer in the world. Being the best fighter requires tons of skill, unlike swimming fast. Sure, there is technique to being a great swimmer, but compared to fighting.. there is no comparison. A lot of you people don't realize how much skill you need to be a great MMA fighter.

I agreed with everything you said except this ^^^. Being a world class swimmer takes tons of skill and yes, technique.

Yes, some fighters have lots of technique and skill. Some not so much. For instance, Wandy, Tim Sylvia, Couture, Coleman, Tito, the list is endless of world champion fighters with little skill or technique. They overpowered many opponents and beat the crap out of them. Some had better endurance and were just tougher. Some would argue that Chuck's skills and technique are not that great, just brute knock out power from anywhere.

No way in Hades do you become a world class swimmer without technique, endurance, and skill. I don't think you realize what it takes to be a world class swimmer.

Also, isn't skill and technique basically the same thing. Not sure how you can separate the 2.

skill: the ability to do something that comes from training, experience, or practice

technique: the way in which basic physical movements or skills are used

Back