Rousey should improve wrestling/double leg to get takedown

Okay, it's likely Ronda Rousey will retire after tonight, as she probably knows she is not going to get the belt again and it's not like she needs the money.

However, if she was to continue, which could very much mean changing camps, perhaps it would be wise instead of concentrating on boxing she should focus on wrestling.

It is clear from tonight her boxing is not good enough offensively or defensively and although, she can make improvements it will never be better than for example Nunes. She needs to get the fight to the ground and in order to do that she needs to close the distance. Boxing her way in and getting punched in the face to get to the clinch will get her knocked out like it did tonight before she gets that chance.

If she was to mix her judo play with wrestling and namely going for a double leg, it will allow her to close the distance and even if they manage to stuff it, she is closer to being able to get to the clinch or even drag them onto the ground.

Shaub said somethings wrong with her knees so she does virtually zero cross training with wrestling in the vein of takedowns/double/single.
And like it was said before, her coach is the dumbest man on earth who does not know what hes doing.

Who else do you know has had success coming out of his camp?

Bottom line, new coach but she NOW has to be a REAL Mixed Martial Artist. And that may take more effort than shes willing to put into. Shes programmed herself into thinking what she normally does works.

Shes weak minded and will only do this if she knows she can win...or its easy.

Last edited:
I've been saying this since before she fought Holly. She will always struggle against top strikers until she developes offensive wrestling that allows her to change levels beneath strikes. She doesn't necessarily need to secure said takedown so swing singles would also work. Anything that allows her to secure a limb and slide up to clinch. Blindly charging in looking to collar tie or over under is horrible offense facing elite female strikers.

As you said and I agree, she's probably done so I doubt we'll see this evolution. A proper gym and coaching could have provided Ronda a much greater career

I've been saying this since before she fought Holly. She will always struggle against top strikers until she developes offensive wrestling that allows her to change levels beneath strikes. She doesn't necessarily need to secure said takedown so swing singles would also work. Anything that allows her to secure a limb and slide up to clinch. Blindly charging in looking to collar tie or over under is horrible offense facing elite female strikers.

As you said and I agree, she's probably done so I doubt we'll see this evolution. A proper gym and coaching could have provided Ronda a much greater

As you said and I agree, she's probably done so I doubt we'll see this evolution. A proper gym and coaching could have provided Ronda a much greater career

Stun Gun had the exact same problem last night and he was very lucky he wasnt facing a good boxer or he would have been KOd. He was walking in trying to throw sloppy punches or head down arms pushing out to try get the clinch for the takedowns.

I said it long long time ago. She only has Judo throws. Everybody was attacking me for saying that but as we all saw it is true, she has bad wrestling. She doesn't have a double or single leg TD at all. All she has is Judo throws.

If she weren't such an egomaniac and actually humbled herself to go to decent gym and learn wrestling then she could get girls to the ground on more than one way. It was just the matter of time before she runs into someone who can defend those throws and rekt her on the feet.

Also that idiotic wide stance Edmund gave her makes it very very hard to shoot for TDs. Thank you Edmund lol

If Ronda was training at any MMA camp in the world other than Glendale, she would have been advised to add the double and single leg TDs to her arsenal. Why the fuck Edmund never advised that, I haven't got a clue.

I said it long long time ago. She only has Judo throws. Everybody was attacking me for saying that but as we all saw it is true, she has bad wrestling. She doesn't have a double or single leg TD at all. All she has is Judo throws.

If she weren't such an egomaniac and actually humbled herself to go to decent gym and learn wrestling then she could get girls to the ground on more than one way. It was just the matter of time before she runs into someone who can defend those throws and rekt her on the feet.

Also that idiotic wide stance Edmund gave her makes it very very hard to shoot for TDs. Thank you Edmund lol

Not sure if its ego problem or as others have mentioned her knees are effed. But cant imagine a double leg would be bad for knees as judo throws. She doesnt have to be the best at double leg but if she managed to get to grappling from it and pulling them to the ground she would still be better than majority of the girls on the ground. Whether better than Nunes we probably never know

Back