Rousey falling into the George Foreman trap?

BoxingFan653

C-137
@Brown
Reaction score
You know, the fact she's usually ending her fights so quickly and has only gone to the third round once in her career can really hurt her in the long scheme of things. A lot of the greats were in tough battles early on in their careers.

George Foreman was absolutely murdering people in under 5-6 rounds for most of his career. There was a time when if you asked people if anyone could even beat George Foreman they would laugh at you. Eventually, when one guy was resilient his spirit absolutely broke. Unfortunately, that one guy was THE MAN aka Ali and I dont see anyone with that type of skill in WMMA.

I know WMMA is practically like watching the minor leagues (outside of Rousey)but I wonder if the day comes when someone takes her to round 4-5 if that will break her mentally.

I doubt finishing early is hurting her career.

She's taking less damage. And it seems like she wants to retire young ala gsp.

Thread doesn't make sense to me, ya goof

I don't think George Foreman was facing people with 4 years of training. Ronda will be fine for a long long time

I don't think Ronda will fight long enough for it to happen TBH.

I picture her fighting 2 more years before riding off into the sunset undefeated and becoming the "Royce Gracie of WMMA" while WMMA starts to evolve.

Then she better come back and get destroyed by the Matt Hughes of wmma

If someone actually gets to round 4 or 5 with Ronda, then things are already going wrong for her in some regard other than just her will.

Right now, all I can imagine is her getting flash KO'd in terms of a road to losing, but lots of people have seemed invincible at one point or another.

That'll never happen. It's more likely Ronda will retire in the next couple of years due to lack of challenge/better offers elsewhere. She'll become the Rickson Gracie of WMMA and will be the standard we compare future WMMA fighters too.

Back