Rousey and Tyson comparisons are apt.

Yeah, I get why people enjoyed Tyson & the excitement he brought - give me that over today's glorified sparring sessions anyday. But he was overrated.

People talk like the Buster Douglas defeat was some kind of Flash KO when in reality it was a one-sided beatdown.

Tyson was never the same against someone who would punch back. I remember even in the first Bruno fight, he visibly backed off as soon as Bruno landed a decent punch. the Holyfield fights spoke for themselves

Seriously? You compare soccer moms to Tysons' competition?

This all opinion guys and I respect yours but Tyson is made out t be legend but Lennox, Evander, Formeman, and perhaps Bowe all had way better careers in the same era. If Tyson had better trainers after Cus died who knows, but he was done me after that jail or not.

Ronda got stopped by Holly and Nunes....

Tyson got stopped by Evander fucking Holyfield. Major difference

Oh and Tyson could actually box unlike Ronda
A Tyson who both never went to prison and stayed with his original team. Seeing that Tyson in his prime against Holyfield...that's the dream fight.

Berbick was awful......Tyson stayed away from Witherspoon who would have smoked him at that time.
The idea that someone had to "not be intimidated" and "stand up to him" would match what Berbick tried to do perfectly.

Yeah, I get why people enjoyed Tyson & the excitement he brought - give me that one today's glorified sparring sessions anyday. But he was overrated.

People talk like the Buster Douglas defeat was some kind of Flash KO when in reality it was a one-sided beatdown.

Tyson was never the same against someone who would punch back. I remember even in the first Bruno fight, he visibly backed off as soon as Bruno landed a decent punch. the Holyfield fights spoke for themselves

No it wasn't. It was back and fourth trading. Mike Tyson caught Buster douglas with a monster punch during one of the exchanges.

Tyson1.gif

Tyson2.gif

The idea that someone had to "not be intimidated" and "stand up to him" would match what Berbick tried to do perfectly.
You have to have skill as well , Berbick was not great like I said. Man Tysons best wins are Berbick, Old Holmes, Spinks and Razor. I'm not saying he sucked but it's not like he fought a bunch of great fighters. I also admit the Buster fight was a joke and Tyson won by ko

The 2 most overrated and over hyped athletes ever. Looked great as bullies but once they got pushed they were finished mentally.

Mike was overrated you say eh.. You would not say that if you were around back then and saw how the punished mofo. He was a beast. I met him in Vegas early 90s. Mike is the real deal. He bullied mofo and punished people in his Prime. In his Prime, he had no equal but there will always be someone stronger, faster and bigger as time goes on.. Just the way of life. Does not mean Mike was overrated or a fraud back then. You would piss in your pants say overrated in his face back then ;). Now he is a lovable dude in Hangover.

A Tyson who both never went to prison and stayed with his original team. Seeing that Tyson in his prime against Holyfield...that's the dream fight.
Ronda got stopped by Holly and Nunes....

Tyson got stopped by Evander fucking Holyfield. Major difference

Oh and Tyson could actually box unlike Ronda
Man Tyson was Ko'd a bunch of times by cans a few times as well. Roja nada was knocked out by Nunes a Brutal puncher and Holm a boxing champ.

Mike was overrated you say eh.. You would not say that if you were around back then and saw how the punished mofo. He was a beast. I met him in Vegas early 90s. Mike is the real deal. He bullied mofo and punished people in his Prime. In his Prime, he had no equal but there will always be someone stronger, faster and bigger.. Just the way of life. Does not mean Mike was overrated or a fraud back then. You would piss in your pants say overrated in his face back then ;). Now he is a lovable dude in Hangover.
I'm 36 that's when my addiction t combat sports started. He was fun to watch but had flaws and lost to all the greats of his time. Lennox Lewis was the best HW I have seen and it's not close.

All I am saying is they beat up on weak divisions and once the comp was legit they folded.
it wouldnt have anything to do with being in jail for 3 yrs id imagine.

Tyson wasn't the god that some portray him as, but I find there is an increasing trend where his reign gets underrated. That wasn't a terrible era, and he laid waste to it. Guys like Tubbs, Tucker, Thomas, and Bonecrusher Smith were all very capable HWs. Even old Holmes (who would go on to register very legitimate wins after getting crushed with Tyson, and have a very competitive fight with Holyfield) and Spinks are wins that are unfairly dismissed by many. Comparing Rousey to someone like Tyson is just plain stupid. It's a ridiculously forced and absurd comparison.

This comparison came from Joe Rogan or Dana White? Joe Rogan is a UFC zombie and Dana White is just a promoter.

The 2 most overrated and over hyped athletes ever. Looked great as bullies but once they got pushed they were finished mentally.
They also were two athletes with a ton of ability, marketablitly, and winning potential but were ruined by bad management.

Back