Rousey and Aldo...

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by dmc, Dec 15, 2016.

1. dmc

dmc Black Belt

...Both entered the UFC as the UFC Champions...

Yet they could not wait 1 more month for Cyborg, the true long time Champion, to get the title fight...UFC 208 isnt even a great card from what I see so far.

Ronda knew she would be fighting in the UFC more than 3 months notice.

Aldos last fight in WEC was Sep 2010, his 1st fight in the UFC was April 2011...7 month gap...
    Rondas last fight in SF was Aug 2012, her 1st fight in UFC was Feb 2013...6 month gap...

And they basically told Cyborg to fight in 3 months or someone else is fighting for your UFC belt instead...She asked for an extra month due to the brutal weight cut, and they said too bad. Even though she has had the womens 145 title forever...

2. AceCooch

AceCooch Ace Land

So you're saying they are the same person?

I haven't seen them in the same room together either.

Kenny Powerth likes this.
  3. BiC Fist

BiC Fist Purple Belt

Invicta is still an active org. It hasn't been absorbed into the UFC like WEC and Strikeforce.
    Cyborg turned down TWO chances for the UFC 145 title fight. Her fault.
    Bad logic. Bad whining.

4. Topguntrophey

Topguntrophey Brown Belt

sitting in a tree. K I S S I N G.

5. iwhoopedbatman

iwhoopedbatman Fox Hunter Extraordinaire

Well the scheduling stuff is another matter, but as for the belt not just crossing over, there is a very good reason for that. The UFC had bought WEC and SF and merged a lot of the competitors over to the UFC. The divisions that didn't exist in the UFC already and that the UFC wanted to pursue were created out of these mergers and the champions came with the divisions.

The UFC does not own Invicta. Invicta is 100% owned by Shannon Knapp. They just have a distribution deal with Invicta to show their events and catalog on FightPass. They can't just merge the division, or the title, into the UFC.

6. dmc

dmc Black Belt

Yeah I guess the merging part is different due to Invicta...But that still doesnt justify saying fight in 3 months or someone else is...