Round Three - Battle 25 - Old School Hip Hop Groups: NWA vs. A TRIBE CALLED QUEST

theycallitMurda

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
2yl0ky9.jpg

NWA
n-w-a.jpg

Members: Ice Cube, MC Ren, Eazy-E, Dr. Dre, DJ Yella
Notable albums: Straight Outta Compton, *****z4Life
Notable tracks: Fuck tha Police, Straight Outta Compton, Express Yourself, Boys n The Hood, Dopeman

VS.

A Tribe Called Quest
a-tribe-called-quest.jpg

Members: Q-Tip, Phife Dawg, Ali Shaheed Muhammad, Jarobi White
Notable albums: The Low End Theory, Midnight Marauders, The Love Movement
Notable tracks: Can I Kick It, Scenario, Buggin' Out, Check The Rhime, Jazz (We've Got)

Kind of comparing apples and oranges here, but I went with ATCQ even though I listen to NWA more. ATCQ never hit the levels of NWA, but they were way more consistent. NWA has Straight Out of Compton and a couple of good songs here and there.

NWA is very overrated.

Damn I can't vote but how the fuck is NWA winning by that much? Lmfao.. ATCQ may have the best discography in all of hip hop, or at least top 5. Just some wannabe G's in here that prolly blast fuck the police while strolling around in the suburbs

A Tribe Called Quest.

Nwa

Cube alone is greater than atcq.

Tribe. After seeing Run DMC voted over The Roots, no results would surprise me anymore.

voted tribe .. thought it would be a blowout .. surprised at the current standing
but naughty by nature took out BDP ... so who knows .. LOL

Can't even believe this is as close as it is... Tribe should easily run away with this.

Gotta go Tribe on this one. Bunch of Michael Boltons in this thread.

Back