Round of All Time

These were the first two I thought of. And yes I'm a Hendo fan but I don't think it's just homer goggles here. Both rounds were amazing, and obviously both fights included two of the greatest fighters of all-time, which elevates it to another level IMO. A great round between say Jones and Anderson will be much better than a great round between two undercard guys at 145. That matters (to me anyway).

Story of the fight; history of the fighters; what's at stake = all part of what makes a great fight / great round.

Not to say two unknowns giving it their all doesn't make a great fight either, but depth matters for certain when the most epics come to mind.

29bkemc_jpg_medium.gif

The round that began the legend of the Korean Zombie.

Best round of 2012 - Silva/Fitch Round 2

All time? Hughes/Trigg 2

My favorite - Machida/Rua 2

Taylor vs Kelly round 1 often gets overlooked. That was some crazy shit.

Does the Frye/Takiyama hockey fight round count?

Saku/Newton was a crazy 1st round too.

Few more i can think of Matt Brown vs "opponent that cannot be remembered" - Yves Lavigne lets Brown batter his opponent far too much and for way too long, that even Brown started protesting.

Machida vs Evans - Evans looked like he was turning into a serious striker until that point, then we learned what a serious striker was, epic.

Cro Cop vs Waterman - that image of Waterman trying to take Mirko down, and Mirko fighting him off by essentially pushing all of his weight on Rons chin, then soccer volleying him back into obscurity.

Maynard vs Frankie 1, round 1 - Immense

BJ vs Sanchez - round 4? (cant be 100% sure it was the 4th) - Watching BJ pace from side to side punching himself in the face and staring at Diego, then it was like he was unleashed and fucked the guy up.

Barry - Kongo round 1 - crazy

Randleman vs Fedor - The slam, the recovery, the sub, oooosh.

Last edited:
War Machine/Rollins, round 3.

My mind was full of fuck

YES

One of my favorite all time fights and most people on these forums have no idea who the hell both guys are. Especially if you had said Koppenhaver vs Rollins.

Back