Round house critique please(link to video)

Good... but bag not hit back.

No seriously, it's not bad.

Your kick is good enough that now, even if you're only training the kick and nothing else, you need to not stop "fighting" after you throw the kick.

I know I'm basing this on only 2 kicks, but so many self trained people get in to the habit of watching themselves slam a heavy bag and then completely drop their guard or wander off. Finish every single kick with a slide back right hand or something. Or at least a slip or hands up for a second or whatever. Be aware of it.

Your kick is good enough that now, even if you're only training the kick and nothing else, you need to not stop "fighting" after you throw the kick.

I know I'm basing this on only 2 kicks, but so many self trained people get in to the habit of watching themselves slam a heavy bag and then completely drop their guard or wander off. Finish every single kick with a slide back right hand or something. Or at least a slip or hands up for a second or whatever. Be aware of it.

Oh yea If I was actually fighting I wouldn't stop after the kick I was just trying to show ONLY my kicking technique in the video

I haven't read all the other posts yet so I don't know if anyone mentioned it, but the thing that immediately sticks out to me is that you need more hip extension on your supporting leg. Look where your head is compared to your left foot--it's way out behind it. This causes your upper body to be angled at 45 degrees towards the ground and it looks like you're leaning away from the kick. This is one of the hardest things to learn on your own. The difference between driving your hips forward and leaning your upper body back is not something the average person can feel easily. Ideally, your upper body would be closer to vertical because your left foot would be driving (use the glutes!!) your weight forward, whereas currently you're leaning it back and using the strength of your right leg for power.

You can see it in your step. The step you're taking to put you into what you think is the correct range is actually putting your support foot too close, another factor in you leaning back so far. If you kick without that step, or stand farther back before stepping, you'll be at a better distance to kick with good form.

It might also be a flexibility/mobility issue. Leaning back like that makes it easier to get your leg up. Improve your range of motion without leaning to compensate and the kick will improve.

Edit: At the end of the kick you're sort of hunching forward slightly, that's called shrimping or I believe someone on this forum once called it piking. It's why your looking away from the bag during the follow through and makes it harder for you to recover. That's another compensation for a lack of mobility, try to keep your hips open.

Oh yea If I was actually fighting I wouldn't stop after the kick I was just trying to show ONLY my kicking technique in the video

I know, its just a suggestion for general training. Even if you're doing nothing but breaking down your jab technique, add a slip or something after you hit the bag. Take every opportunity to get rid of the natural tendency to not defend yourself after you attack, IMO.

I know, its just a suggestion for general training. Even if you're doing nothing but breaking down your jab technique, add a slip or something after you hit the bag. Take every opportunity to get rid of the natural tendency to not defend yourself after you attack, IMO.

100% agree

Back