Round 2 was close. Round 3 was close. Yet it's terrible judging that someone gave Jones both?

Close is one thing, another is to say they were anyone's round. They were clearly Reyes' rounds. As the ample majority of the media agrees.

Reyes did the opposite of what a fighter is supposed to do to win in the eyes of the judges. He came out strong only in the beginning of each round. Sugar Ray Leonard set the standard of how to win a gift decion when he stole rounds from Marvin Hagler in their MW title bout by throwing combinations at the END of a round.

The moment was too big for Reyes’ britches. Sub par cardio, no game plan, and inadequate wrestling lost Reyes the fight.

I thought Reyes won round 1 and 2 no question. Jones won 4 and 5 no question. And round 3 was split and could have gone either way.

I've rewatched the fight, and here's my take on it.

This was Dominick Reyes' fight to lose going into the championship rounds. Rosales had it scored 29-28 Reyes, Solis had it scored 29-28 Jones, and Lee had it scored 29-28 Reyes. If the fight had gone to the cards right there, Reyes would have won a split decision.

If he had fought the championship rounds the way he fought the first three rounds, there's zero doubt in my mind he would have been awarded a split decision win, at worst. Instead, he receded into a shell, and allowed Jones to dictate the pace in those final two, crucial rounds.

You don't beat a pound for pound great in a championship fight by losing the championship rounds. When Jones' had his moment against Shogun, he decimated him. When he returned against DC, he kicked his head into orbit. When he got this belt from Alex, he tactically finished a fighter he had severe problems with last time around.

I think Reyes' performance warrants an immediate rematch, and if he is truly the better fighter, then he will leave no doubt, as Shogun did with Machida. Lets see it again this Summer.

Back