Rothwell vs JDS... Let This Sink in a Minute

Hopefully Werdum pulls out of the fight and Overeem steps in and that fight is made. That would be awesome.
That would definitely be awesome but I'd hate to see the belt get put on hold any longer. Any combination of Stipe/Reem/Rothwell/Werdum is great for the division, strangely enough Cain and JDS should be waiting in the bullpen, crazy.

He did beat Stipe , and I think Stipe is a very good fighter. A lot of fans expected to see JDS steamroll Stipe and were thus less impressed by his win when Stipe gave him hell. That said, he didn't just get caught against Overeem. He looked bad. He looked gunshy and defensive without putting up a great defense.
The Stipe fight could have been scored either way in my recollection but the important point you made is that he is gunshy. He can't pull the trigger. This is the telltale sign of a fighter on the downside of his career. That Ben is awkward with big power could exacerbate this trait. Rothwell should win this in my opinion.

He's only -125, so not a huge favorite. But JDS hasnt looked great lately and Rothwell has improved a lot.

It's weird for sure, JDS needs to fight some lower guys and get his confidence back, maybe Mir again

Rothwell has always been underrated. He's just kind of goofy and so people take that as, "He's a sucky fighter", despite there being little reason to think that.

Pretty crazy in a funny way.

Just a few years ago JDS was a destroyer in prime. A guy that left every body put in front of him a mangled bloody mess.

These days, in stead of being excited about his fights his fans mainly just worry about his physical well being. Sad.

JDs is over and isn't the scary guy sherdog thinks anymore. The karmic beauty of it is that Cain since his performance vs Werdum is in the same boat now as well.

I can still remember when people here thought they would exchange the title for years and that they were 1-2 with a huge gap to whoever was 3

Overeem would murk Stipe even worse than he did JDS.

Maybe. Maybe he would "murk" him like he did Bigfoot or Rothwell. Overeem has the tools to beat anyone at HW. Anyone. But he has also shown he can lose to anyone as well, so excessive confidence that he will beat any given top HW seems misplaced.

JDS via MURDER!

Brutal straights and left hooks till Big Ben falls over like The Big Ben would if showered with missiles.

And then this is when I'd say, JDS, champ, 2016, but realize Cain is still in the UFC.

JDS had the belt but got merked by Cain twice, while not developing any kind of defensive wrassling. Ben is on the upswing, so I'm rooting for Ben so I can see another victory dance.

Everybody's blaming cain, JDS said in a video he spars hard in the gym.

I'm really hoping for a JDS resurgence starting with this fight

The Cain II and III fights really wore him down but hopefully he can find a way to put it back together, JDS's 8 fight winning streak when he entered the UFC with KO's of Werdum, Struve, CroCop, Yvel, Napao, Cain and Mir was one of the most impressive and entertaining runs in mma history

It would be sad to see him lose to a guy like Rothwell who he would have been able to dust off in under a round a few years back

Back