Rothwell vs JDS... Let This Sink in a Minute

imo the odds are off. rothwell is being overcredited here. JDS should beat him.

I love JDS, been a fan for years, but if he looks like he did against Overeem then Rothwell is finishing him in the 1st.

As well he should be. Big Ben is getting that title this year.

From Werdum? No. Stipe will wreck him, hell, Overeem in a rematch - if he can pull another JDS-grade performance - gets it done as well.

I have never seen a division be so mismanaged as the HW division. Rothwell beat Overeem, Overeem beats JDS, so Rothwell-JDS? Things could have all been fixed earlier but it's all messed up now, hard to see who deserves what

Last edited:
I still somehow believe JDS is going to win easily... I'm not sure he deteriorated that bad. If he can get outstruck by Josh Barnett (if my memory serves me well) then he can get dropped by Junior.
Josh's striking is pretty underrated, he's used it effectively for many years.

It's kinda hard to be the same fighter when you get the living shit beat out of your face for 15 rounds by Velasquez and Miocic.

I love Rothwell, but I see Junior outpointing him on the feet. I don't buy into the whole Junior is done narrative. He won a close decision against Stipe and simply got caught against Reem. As long as he doesn't clinch or shoot against rothwell, he has the clear striking advantage.
If you've been watching UFC for more than 2 years you would know JDS is completely done. Dude isn't nearly as good as he was prior to Cain

I'm a fan of both, rooting for Rothwell just because he was put in this match as a way of the ufc trying to screw him out of the title picture, don't think he wins this though, he'll end up getting in a striking battle with JDS and JDS is going to put him down.

May God have mercy upon him

I would have always favored Rothwell to beat JDS. Just like I had always favored Overeem to beat JDS.

I do hope JDS wins though.

He did beat Stipe , and I think Stipe is a very good fighter. A lot of fans expected to see JDS steamroll Stipe and were thus less impressed by his win when Stipe gave him hell. That said, he didn't just get caught against Overeem. He looked bad. He looked gunshy and defensive without putting up a great defense.

Overeem would murk Stipe even worse than he did JDS.

Easy money, post war JSD is still too much for Rothwell.

Only politics will stop Ben Rothwell from getting the HW strap.

The UFC's efforts to derail Rothwell are in vain.

When Rothwell claims the HW strap everything else will just be a formality.

Funny how the MMA Landscape changes so quickly... I still will be rooting for JDS though. Either way it's a win for me because I like both guys

Dont forget it's also a lose since you like both fighters. So it's a win, lose for you.

Overeem would murk Stipe even worse than he did JDS.
Bold statement, Stipe is a tough fight for anyone. Doubt Stipe would show any tentativeness like JDS did, and is usually aggressive and very quick with his straights.
But I would love to see that fight.

I don't know what the fuck happened against Reem but it was on par with tippy-toe Penn. If JDS performs like that again, I'd rather see him hang them up.

I love JDS, been a fan for years, but if he looks like he did against Overeem then Rothwell is finishing him in the 1st.

If JDS looks like he did against Stipe then Rothwell is still beating him. Stipe avoided Rothwell for good reason.

Bold statement, Stipe is a tough fight for anyone. Doubt Stipe would show any tentativeness like JDS did, and is usually aggressive and very quick with his straights.
But I would love to see that fight.

Hopefully Werdum pulls out of the fight and Overeem steps in and that fight is made. That would be awesome.

Back