Rotational Strength

zx

adventurer
@Silver
Reaction score
I do squats, deadlifts, bench press and SOHP for strenght gains.
Can you tell me some fundamental exercises for rotational strength.
Ross type of training is known to me. I train muay thai.

Do you mean "rotational strength" as in rotating your hips when you kick?

I'm guessing english isn't your main language. Rotational strength can be trained by doing standing land mines, russian twists, etc. Check out the ab exercise list here, I'm sure theres a section on rotational stuff.

Russian twists with a medicine ball or barbell plate, bicycle sit ups with ankle weights, woodchoppers on a cable tower, hitting a tire with a sledge hammer, using an axe to chop wood -- lotta options, some of them better suited to endurance strength than maxomal strength.

That thing ross does would be my first idea. You know, one end of the barbell in the corner, the other end has some weight on, and you push the barbell.

That thing ross does would be my first idea. You know, one end of the barbell in the corner, the other end has some weight on, and you push the barbell.
landmines
0.jpg

I've only seen one person do landmines in my gym but it still seems effective.

I guess u are useless in this thread. And that pic u have posted is not related to quoted text above.
Nah man. If it is possible to increase knock-out power with weights, this is probably the exercise.

It seems reasonably uncontrovertial to say that you can increase your rotational strength by increasing your overall strength base, with the bench, squats, press, deadlifts etc as you mentioned. But for rotational specific, landmines is the go..... probly.... and woodchopper, maybz

Back