Ross Pearson appeals against the decision.

I hope this judge turns out to be dirty so maybe some good will come of this across the country.

Trying to get an athletic commission to admit they were wrong? Good luck to you.

It's the general consensus that they're wrong already, all they would be doing is taking responsibility.

I'm sure he realizes there is basically no chance to overturn a decision but he's just trying to make a point.

I think the only way it can get overturned would be to actually prove the judges were paid off. Either that or if one of the judges said they mixed up the fighters on the form, that would probably do it as well. But neither is going to happen.

wont go anywhere. if gomi didnt get his, ross wont. diego gets em all da time.

He should just rant for a rematch. He'll get more success that way.

Ross defiantly won no doubt about it, the judges didn't watch the fight they were watching "Dallas" on the other channel, the judges want a base ball bat shoved right up their friggin arses, BAD BAD BAD decision indeed

U.seless
F.***in
C.**ts

Glad he did it even if it goes nowhere. These judges need to realize that they are killing the sport with bs like this, it's like Ross said last night, it's like literally getting robbed, someone took half his paycheck.

Nothing will come of that but gl to him

This!!

The NMAC would lose all credibility when it comes to hosting events and selecting judges for fights if they somehow chose to reverse the decision and give it to Pearson.

All they have to do is send a video of Round 2 along with the 30-27 Diego scorecard for their proof that something was foul.

Overturning would look good for the commission, a way to say "We protect the integrity of our commission and our sport" It would all NM to be on the forefront of one of two things 1) Righting wrongs in the Cage B) Overlooking dirty dealing for a home fighter.

Also if an appeal to the commission is overturned I wonder if there are legal ramifications if Ross wanted.

Similar to Lindland and USA Wrestling. He appealed, was denied, and took it to a appellate court because he said something fishy caused him to lose out on a spot on the team which could take money out of his pocket in the future.

Ross's case would be tougher, but if a judge allows it they'd get discovery and get to search the connections and bank accounts of the judges involved in the decision.

This!!

The NMAC would lose all credibility when it comes to hosting events and selecting judges for fights if they somehow chose to reverse the decision and give it to Pearson.

Da fuq did I just read...?

Heh, appealing the commission is like spoiling your ballot and voting for yourself.

I'm pretty sure some of the judges were corrupt on this one. It was just too ridiculous of a decision.

Corrupt in what sense?

We're they being paid off by Sanchez, the UFC, another third party or was there an undeniable bias against Ross for a specific reason, outside of MMA scoring?

Judges either need to start being hounded or they need monitors like what we're seeing.

I kind of spaced out during this fight and need to go re-watch it, but is there anyone who could see any possible way that Diego could have won or that it could have been close?

I was always a fan of Diego (and never had anything against Pearson other than his awful tattoos), but he really is growing more disappointing every time he fights. I think it may be time to call it a career...

Decision likely won't be reversed but at least it will shine a public light on them for the rest of the country's regulatory agencies to see their corruption or incompetence

Decision likely won't be reversed but at least it will shine a public light on them for the rest of the country's regulatory agencies to see their corruption or incompetence
Yup. Cockroaches hate light.

It's not really about getting the decision overturned, since that's never going to happen, but he's doing everything in his power to make sure this isn't ignored. The more of a spotlight Ross shines on this the worse it looks for the NMAC, and maybe if judging in MMA gets enough bad press something will be done about it in the future.

Back